75 New Scotland Ave
Minimum Qualifications This position requires a New York State Professional Architect’s License and current registration.
Candidates must have permanent status as an Associate Architect, Grade 27, and be eligible for lateral transfer; OR be eligible to transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law
Provisional Opportunity: In the event that there is not a valid eligible list, candidates who meet the following promotion qualifications may be qualified for a provisional appointment:
One year of permanent competitive or 55-b/c service as a Senior Architect AND possession of a New York State Professional Architect’s License and current registration.
If you are provisionally appointed, you must take the next scheduled Civil Service examination for this title and your score must be reachable on the resulting eligible list before you can be permanently appointed. If you do not pass the examination or achieve a reachable score, you may not be retained.
Duties Description The New York State Office of Mental Health (OMH) is recruiting to fill an Associate Architect, Grade 27, position assigned to the Administrative Support Services Group (ASSG), Bureau of Capital Operations. ASSG supervises and manages OMH’s capital planning and construction program, and provides direct technical assistance for physical plant operations and maintenance. This position has responsibility for facility project planning and management of the design and construction of a wide variety of building projects. The incumbent also administers the capital program, acting as the Chief Project Manager for several facilities in various geographic areas around the State. Statewide travel to all Psychiatric Center locations will be required for this position.
Specific duties to be performed may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Prepare work scopes, conduct approval reviews of project plans and specifications, manage and track projects through the design and construction process. Utilize and maintain project records in the project management system.
• Initiate, review and monitor projects to resolve emergency building and infrastructure situations.
• Review and stamp small capital projects under $250,000.
• Perform on-site inspections of buildings and grounds.
• Plan, direct and coordinate consulting services contracted through the Dormitory Authority of the State of New York (DASNY), Office of General Services, and OMH to resolve code and regulations violations and establish and maintain compliance management.
• Prepare annual capital budget requests for specific projects and programs. Assist in developing annual spending plans.
• Participate and assist in the selection of projects necessary to maintain The Joint Commission (TJC) accreditation, meet fire safety requirements, preserve the physical plant and infrastructure, enhance the program offered to OMH clients, and ensure the health and safety of clients, staff and visitors at OMH facilities.
• Serve as the agency Historic Preservation Officer; and
• Perform special projects as required.
Additional Comments *Based on federal and/or state regulations, this position requires vaccination against COVID-19. Upon appointment, the selected candidate must be fully vaccinated, or willing to become fully vaccinated, against COVID-19 and will be required to provide proof of vaccination. Candidates who are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the time of interview may not start working until two weeks after their final dose of a COVID-19 vaccine.
Specific scheduled hours and telecommuting availability for this position will be discussed during the interview process. Please note, employees are required to apply and obtain approval through management to telecommute according to operational needs and Agency Telecommuting Program Guidelines.
The Administrative Support Services Group is conveniently located in independent offices on the grounds of the Capital District PC at 75 New Scotland Avenue, Albany, New York. Guaranteed covered parking with exclusive employee entrance to office areas is available for $5/month.
The Mission of the New York State Office of Mental Health is to promote the mental health of all New Yorkers, with a particular focus on providing hope and supporting recovery for adults with serious mental illness and children with serious emotional disturbances. Applicants with lived mental health experience are encouraged to apply. The Office of Mental Health embraces diversity and promotes a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, and respected. The New York State Office of Mental Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
44 Holland Avenue
Notes on ApplyingTo be considered for this position, interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume as an attachment in Microsoft Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title of the position and Vacancy ID #100647 in the subject line of your email when applying.
You are advised that, should you accept a job offer with the Office of Mental Health, you may be required to be fingerprinted and pay a fingerprint fee.