Minimum Qualifications REACHABLE FOR APPOINTMENT ON THE ACCOUNTANT AIDE TRAINEE TEST LIST OR PERMANENT OR CONTINGENT PERMANENT STATUS AS AN ACCOUNTANT AIDE OR ELIGIBLE TO TRANSFER VIA SECTION 70.1 OR 70.4 OF THE CIVIL SERVICE LAW.
Duties Description • Receive, review, and verify payments made to the Civil Recoveries Bureau.
• Post payments to appropriate accounts in the Bureau’s SilverCar database and maintain log of non-SilverCar account payments in an Access database.
• Organize and prepare checks for deposit, verify deposit items and totals, prepare and deliver receipt log to Finance.
• Verify monthly disbursements by the Bureau to its client agencies.
• Prepare daily, week, and month-end reports, and supporting documentation, for distribution to client agencies.
• Create spreadsheets to support accounting and auditing systems and activities.
• Prepare daily, week, and month-end reports of receipts for the E-payment system currently in development.
• Monitor daily E-payment receipts and its automated accounting system to ensure that accounts are properly credited.
• Track, compile, and render statistical reports relative to payment types (check vs. electronic) received by Bureau.
• Post Offsets, advised-payments, returned checks, and refunds.
• Process returned checks and refunds; prepare letters to debtors and memos to file.
• Process checks request and subpoena fees.
• Process payments to be maintained in the STIP Escrow account.
• Review for accuracy and process requests for refunds made through the Statewide Offset Program including NOBS requests.
• Review Civil Recoveries Bureau Purchase Card purchases, reconcile monthly statements, and submit appropriate reports to Budget.
• Participate in training classes for the Travel Module offered by the SFS.
• Review all Bureau Chief level travel authorization requests, and travel reimbursement requests, to assist in ensuring compliance with Agency policies and procedures Instruct and oversee the activity of clerical staff that support travel related tasks
• Prepare and process vouchers for payment of employee reimbursement and other payments, as assigned.
• Review and analyze efficacy of bureau accounting procedures and propose adaptive modifications as circumstances warrant
• Learn the various tasks of the Operations Unit and provide back-up when necessary.
• Maintain a solid working knowledge of Word, Access, and SilverCAR.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments This position is located in our Civil Recoveries Bureau in Albany, NY.
Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. The OAG is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to workplace diversity.
Per Office of the Attorney General policy, confirmation of vaccination status is a condition of employment for this position. If you are not fully vaccinated, you will be required to provide negative COVID-19 test results once weekly. The agency will consider religious and reasonable accommodations.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.