Office of Facilities and Business Services
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Non-Competitive Appointment: Candidates must have four years of offset printing equipment operating experience OR one year of service as a Print Equipment Operator 2.
Duties Description The New York State Education Department’s (NYSED) Office of Performance Improvement and Management Services is seeking candidates for a Print Equipment Operator 3 position in the Office of Facilities and Business Services. This Office operates a variety of offset print equipment and certain types of digital equipment and assist in a variety of physically demanding journey level press, pre-press, and bindery tasks. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Operate all digital pre-press equipment and software, including all Heidelberg software and Objectif Lune software;
• Operate finishing equipment including a Muller Martini speed binder/saddle stitcher, Baum folders, an ITOH cutter, a large shrink-wrap and a Rollem numbering machine;
• Operate the king & Goss large-scale offset web presses and the Sakuri 4-color sheet-fed press;
• Operate the Ricoh IP5000 digital press;
• Operate a Rima counter stacker and Gammerler trimmer parts of a web press;
• Operate all copy machines in the production unit including, but not limited to the Ricoh C7200, and Xerox C-60, and maintain knowledge of their software programs;
• Keep track of and order supplies for all copiers and presses;
• Place services calls as the point of contact to address performance issues or production problems;
• Check and verify the correct positions of pages and legibility of print;
• Proofread and approve press sheets;
• Maintain a log of printed materials, and assist in computing the final cost of print jobs;
• Systematically check emails for new projects and additional developments in works in progress;
• Provide advice to stakeholders unfamiliar with the printing process as it relates to the production unit;
• Assist the Test Distribution Unit with packaging and shipping Regents exams and various other exams;
• Perform other duties, as required; and
• Provide technical supervision to Print Equipment Operator 1s and Print Equipment Operator 2s.
Additional Comments CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a permanent, non-competitive appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Candidates should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits.
All NYSED employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit to mandatory weekly testing for COVID-19.
* Leads to a maximum salary of $54,140 based on annual performance advances.
APPLICATION: Recruitment will continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest to OMSJOBS@nysed.gov (email submissions are preferred). Your resume must clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. You must include the Box number (PIMS-555/01333) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application. Your social security number may be required to confirm your eligibility.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
89 Washington Avenue, OHRM, Room 528 EB
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION: Recruitment will continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest to OMSJOBS@nysed.gov (email submissions are preferred). Your resume must clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. You must include the Box number (PIMS-555/01333) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application. Your social security number may be required to confirm your eligibility.