AgencyEducation Department, State
TitleProject Coordinator, Box OHE-920/51520
Occupational CategoryNo Preference
Bargaining UnitPS&T - Professional, Scientific, and Technical (PEF)
Salary RangeFrom $90984 to $112150 Annually
Jurisdictional Class Competitive Class
Compressed workweek allowed? No
Street Address Office of Higher Education
Office of Charter Schools
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree and have a minimum of five years of experience in education. Two years of this experience must include the development and/or implementation of professional development programs and services to educators; or service as a Master Teacher, Teacher Leader, or Instructional Leader; or experience teaching in an educator preparation program. A master’s degree may substitute for one year of experience and a doctorate degree may substitute for two years of experience.
Preference may be given to candidates who possess:
• Experience using computers to develop and/or deliver online professional development, online/blended instruction, online meetings and/or online presentations; and/or
• Experience managing state and federal grants.
Duties Description The New York State Education Department’s (NYSED) Office of Education Policy is seeking candidates for a Project Coordinator in the Office of the Senior Deputy Commissioner to provide support to the Teaching in Remote Learning Environments (TRLE) initiative. TRLE is an initiative that was created to address the urgent needs of New York’s students and educators during the COVID-19 pandemic by providing educators with the tools, resources and training to facilitate remote instruction. Under the supervision of the Chief of Staff, the Project Coordinator will oversee project activities and monitor milestones and project deadlines for TRLE. Additionally, the incumbent of this position will oversee project recordkeeping and communication with internal and external stakeholders. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Collaborate with the Project Director, Education Policy leadership, data analysis staff, and other internal stakeholders, as applicable, to ensure the successful implementation of the Education Stabilization Fund-Rethink K-12 Education Models (ESF-REM) grant;
• Facilitate clear and timely communication among internal and external grant stakeholders;
• Serve as primary liaison and maintain regular communication with U.S. Department of Education grant program officer;
• Provide leadership to the ESF-REM stakeholder Advisory Group;
• Work with internal and external partners to develop written documents and make presentations tailored for a variety of audiences;
• Present grant status reports and findings to internal and external stakeholders;
• Represent the Department in external and internal meetings when needed;
• Manage grant implementation according to the approved ESF-REM application and project plan;
• Develop and manage a grant project workplan;
• Track budgets and facilitate multiple procurement processes, working with Department fiscal team;
• Collaborate with Education Policy data analytics staff to ensure the collection, analysis, and dissemination of data required for the successful implementation and coordination of the grant;
• Manage the effective administration of grant activities including, but not limited to, data reporting, budget administration, and workplan amendments;
• Ensure compliance with State and federal statute and regulations;
• Prepare and submit all required reports and oversee recordkeeping of all documents related to the grant;
• Facilitate the attainment of grant performance measures;
• Serve as a content expert in the implementation and delivery of professional learning experiences (PLEs) for teachers and school leaders in the delivery of remote and hybrid instruction;
• Ensure the collection and dissemination of effective practices for the delivery and supervision of remote and blended instructional practices;
• Ensure the facilitation of professional learning experiences through grant activities that support the Department’s larger goal of equity and access for all students with a special emphasis on students with disabilities, English language learners, economically disadvantaged students, and other vulnerable populations;
• Supervise Project Assistant and other staff, as assigned; and
• Perform other duties, as required.
Additional Comments CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a temporary appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Candidates should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree and/or work experience will be required at the time of interview for all candidates.
All NYSED employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit to mandatory weekly testing for COVID-19.
* Leads to a maximum salary of $112,150 based on annual performance advances.
APPLICATION: Recruitment will continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com (email submissions are preferred). Your resume must clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. You must include the Box number (OHE-920/51520) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application. Your social security number may be required to confirm your eligibility.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Name Office of Human Resources Management
Email Address firstname.lastname@example.org
Street NYS Education Department
89 Washington Avenue, OHRM Room 528EB
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION: Recruitment will continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com (email submissions are preferred). Your resume must clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. You must include the Box number (OHE-920/51520) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application. Your social security number may be required to confirm your eligibility.