Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
A Bachelor’s degree and four years of project management experience on large, multi-million-dollar, multi-year IT projects. Experience with project management software, e.g. Microsoft Project.
• Four years of experience developing, executing, and monitoring project plans including scope, schedule, budget, resource, risk management, quality management, and communications plans.
• Ability to initiate and maintain relationships across a diverse set of stakeholders.
Duties Description STANDARD DUTIES:
The incumbent of the position will act as Project Manager in support of the Unemployment Insurance System Improvement Modernization (UISIM) project. Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Participate in reviewing multiple vendors project plans within the project schedule and maintaining a high-level Master Schedule on a weekly basis.
• Record, report and review schedule progress and variance weekly, conducting route cause analysis. Review existing project plans and schedules and develop missing components.
• Manage the overall project/work plan to ensure work is organized, assigned, and completed on time.
• Communicate closely with vendor project resources, to coordinate use of state (ITS and DOL) resources against each vendor’s schedule and tasks on the project.
• Coordinate project team and SME resource activities according to approved project scope, development approach, and project schedule. Coordinate shared resource needs from the vendors and assists in coordinating project activities with those of operational areas
• Keep project managers and project director informed of project progress, any roadblocks, and provides plans of action to get things back on track, when appropriate
• Performs additional duties, as needed by the project.
Additional Comments IMPORTANT: All Department of Labor employees are required to be tested weekly for COVID-19 unless they are fully vaccinated. Employees who are vaccinated must provide proof of vaccine status through a secure online portal.
Pending Funding Approval
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingCandidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Department of Labor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Department of Labor is committed to ensuring equal opportunity for persons with disabilities and workplace diversity.
To be considered for this position, interested applicants should e-mail a cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format to email@example.com. Please include the title, location and vacancy ID#102557 of the position you are applying for in the subject line of your e-mail. Failure to do so may result in the delay of processing your application.