99 Washington Avenue
Minimum Qualifications For Permanent Appointment:
Candidates must possess a New York State Professional Engineer License and current registration. To be considered for permanent appointment, candidates must be reachable on the current certified eligible list.
Qualified candidates must have one year of permanent competitive service in a position eligible for reassignment or transfer in accordance with Civil Service Law.
Duties Description Professional Engineer 1 (Civil/Construction) in the Department of State may perform one or more of the following tasks;
1. Use their education, knowledge, and experience to develop training material. This material will be used to instruct code officials, design professionals, contractors, government officials, and the public on how to:
a. understand and apply the Uniform Code and Energy Code,
b. read and interpret construction documents,
c. perform construction inspections, and
d. perform fire safety and property maintenance inspections.
2. Present training courses to code officials, design professionals, contractors, government officials, and the public.
3. Review training material and make recommendations for new or revised training material.
4. The Engineer may be required to assist in preparing updates to the Uniform Code and Energy Code.
5. The Engineer may be asked to provide post-disaster damage assessments and supervise code enforcement disaster assistance response program participants.
Travel is expected to be less than 10%.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
99 Washington Avenue
Notes on ApplyingInterested & qualified candidates should submit a resume detailing education and experience by the date indicated.
The Department of State is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability status, arrest record or criminal conviction history, or any other category protected by law.
We are happy to provide reasonable and religious accommodations during the hiring process for those in need. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please send a request to HRM.Recruitment@dos.ny.gov.