Minimum Qualifications • Must be a US citizen or foreign national eligible to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must be currently attending a New York State college, university or graduate program, or be a resident of New York State attending a college, university or graduate program outside of New York State
• Minimum Sophomore level college student
• Must have completed a minimum of one (1) year as a student at a degree-granting two or four-year college or university (completion of one year’s worth of academic credits over a more extended period of time may qualify part-time students)
• Or currently enrolled graduate student or accepted in a graduate degree program
• Must have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 or equivalent to a C.
Duties Description The ITS Chief Technology Office is responsible for a large number of technology functions serving NY state agencies. Technical, analytical, and business/solutions process engineering opportunities are available.
These positions will be in the following bureaus:
• Data Center Services (facilities, patching, infrastructure, computer and storage)
• Innovation & Engineering (enterprise architecture, solution design, web development, UX design, Site Reliability Engineering, IT Automation & Consultation)
• Business Application Solutions (application development including modern web and mobile frameworks)
• Shared Platform Services (enterprise services used to support application development)
• Service Delivery (IT Service Management, IT Process Management, Robotic Process Automation, Metrics, Software Asset Management)
• Enterprise Network Services (Network design, deployment, resiliency, monitoring and operations. Network security, client connectivity and firewalls. Software defined local and wide area networks.
• Workplace Services (Client Computing platforms, software virtualization, PC, mobile, virtual software fulfillment)
Additional Comments Fingerprinting is required.
All Office of Information Technology Services (ITS) employees are required to be tested weekly for COVID-19 unless they are fully vaccinated. Employees who are vaccinated must provide proof of vaccine status through a secure online portal.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
26th Floor, Corning Tower
Notes on ApplyingTo apply, by 5/31/2022, please submit a clear, concise cover letter, resume, and college transcript indicating that you are applying for the Student Assistant, Ref. #99999. Please clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position.
New York State is an equal opportunity employer. Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.