AgencyEmpire State Development, NYS
TitleNetwork Engineer, NYC or Albany
Occupational CategoryI.T. Engineering, Sciences
Salary RangeFrom $80000 to $90000 Annually
Jurisdictional Class Non-competitive Class
Compressed workweek allowed? No
Minimum Qualifications EDUCATION & REQUIREMENTS:
Education Level required: Bachelor’s degree in an IT related discipline with minimum of 3 years’ experience in related field; Or a 2 year degree with a minimum of 5 years’ experience; Or, any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Relevant Experience required: Experience in a Network Engineer role.
Knowledge required: Microsoft Server operating systems (OS) 2008 - 2019, Windows (OS) 10, Active Directory management, NetApp SAN/NAS, Juniper switches and routers, SD-WAN and ISP management experience, Dell Server Hardware, Cat 6 cabling, UPS appliances, familiarity with VMware 7.0 + and VMware VDI solutions, Digital Sender and printer configuration. Some Help Desk functionality. Ability to work with a diverse group of people at both a functional and technical level and communicate at a level appropriate to audience; Ability to work both independently and as part of a team; Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Duties Description BASIC FUNCTION:
Assist with the installation, configuration and maintenance of critical network infrastructure supporting ESD’s HQ, datacenter, and remote office locations. Assist in troubleshooting and resolving WAN related issues, optimize network throughput and provide end user support for all network related devices, servers and PCs.
• Assist in the Installation, configuration and administration SD-WAN related infrastructure, equipment and software necessary to support ESD’s critical business functions
• Liaise with Microsoft and NYS OITS on ESD’s 0365 email system, diagnose issues, optimize performance, manage users, distribution lists and mailbox permissions.
• Rack, stack, power and provide management connections for network attached devices
• Monitor and optimize the performance of ESD’s SD-WAN and internet connections
• Create and manage support tickets with 3rd party vendors in response to any type of network degradation
• Assist with the management of ESD’s Active Directory Infrastructure
• Manage ADSF, Radius and other authentication tools
• Utilize network management best practices and tools to investigate and resolve network related performance issues
• Utilize ESD’s network monitoring tools to ensure that all systems are running optimally
• Assist with integrating technologies from different vendors in a heterogeneous networking environment
• Hands on installation, configuration and troubleshooting of IT infrastructure at ESD’s satellite offices. Assist in IT Disaster Recovery efforts, testing and documentation
• Travel to various remote office locations as necessary
• Perform other related duties as required by IT management
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.