Workforce and Talent Management
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Promotion: one year of permanent service as a Training Specialist 2 (Mental Hygiene)
Transfer: one year of permanent service as an Associate Director Training 1, Mental Hygiene or one year of permanent service in a title eligible for transfer via Section 70.1 or 52.6 of the Civil Service Law.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• The Training Director is responsible for effectively training, supervising, communicating, planning, managing and evaluating a comprehensive training program to maintain a technically skilled and value-based workforce that effectively meets OPWDD’s mission.
• Dialogue with State Operations managers to communicate GOER and OPWDD training initiatives.
• Monitor compliance with OPWDD, GOER and other required training and follow-up with managers and staff to maintain compliance.
• Acts as the Chairperson of the Direct Support Development Council, providing oversight of Statewide Traineeship guidelines for Direct Support Assistant Trainee, Developmental Disabilities Secure Care Treatment Aide Trainee, and supervisory Developmental Assistant Trainee.
• Collaborate and work with statewide directors/managers of Workforce and Talent Management in order to support initiatives affecting recruitment/onboarding/retention of new employees and a workforce of existing employees who effectively deliver services in concurrence with OPWDD mission.
• Liaison with Clinical Department Heads to support needs of clinical departments to maintain current and effective training for staff, students and volunteers in clinical positions who provide direct services in a managed care environment.
• Direct and indirect supervision of training and administrative staff.
• Use technology to effectively deliver content in a 24/7 organizational environment, manage staff and collaborate with colleagues.
• Assist staff in completion of mandatory online trainings as requested.
• Participate and lead the monthly Direct Support Development Council meeting. Other meetings include: Promote Progress, NEO schedule and Feedback Session, Monthly Training Directors Meeting, HVDDSO Steering Committee and Bi-weekly Building Coordinator.
• Delivery of required training topics such as Core Competencies for supervisors.
• Manage the delivery of New Employee Orientation program. Work with Human Resources to effectively manage sufficient offerings to satisfy hiring needs.
• Communicate to employees of available educational and training opportunities.
• Participate on committees and workgroups such as Leadership, Workplace Violence Prevention , Labor-Relations, Statewide Training Directors, Health and Safety, and Wellness.
• As assigned, perform DDSOO Administrator on Duty functions in order to support health and safety of individuals with developmental disabilities and staff and adherence to OPWDD polices.
Additional Comments APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit cover letter and resume to:
DDSOO 4 – Hudson Valley
OPWDD, Human Resources Department
7 Wilbur Road
Thiells, NY 10984
Phone: 845-947-6000, Option 3, Option 5
Please reference the above EOA 2021-210 in all correspondence.
• As of 10/21/2021 all Hudson Valley DDSO employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit to mandatory weekly testing for COVID-19.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.