777 Seaview Avenue, Bldg. 3
Minimum Qualifications An Associate’s degree with a specialization in Alcoholism, Substance Abuse or Chemical Dependency OR one year of full time employment in a field requiring the application of communication skills and one year of experience in a direct treatment capacity working in an addictions treatment setting.
30 college credits in a human services field may be substituted for the one year of communication experience;
10 college credits in specific alcoholism, substance abuse or chemical dependency courses may be substituted for the one year of specialized experience;
150 clock hours of relevant addictions for CASAC credential eligibility may be substituted for the one year of specialized experience.
**Candidate must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicaid and Medicare programs. Failure to maintain Medicaid/Medicare eligibility will result in the termination of employment.
Duties Description The Addictions Counselor Assistant serves as a member of the ATC’s multidisciplinary treatment team and works under the supervision of an Addiction Counselor performing duties related to the care and counseling of clients. Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
• Assists with individual counseling, group counseling, crisis intervention, treatment and discharge planning and clinical activities as assigned.
• Monitors the safety and security of facility and its patients, and takes action to maintain a positive and healthy milieu.
• Assists with patient transportation, room searches, and urine toxicology collection.
• Prepares room and client supplies for new admissions (bedding, bath, etc.)
• Conducts routine rounds and documents observations.
• Completes required client and facility documentation both electronic and paper as appropriate.
• Participates in meal preparation and distribution.
• Communicates shift change information as appropriate to facilitate smooth transition.
• May complete insurance calls and documentation regarding coordination of care with financial/insurance entities.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
NOTE: The ATC uses a computerized patient record system.
Additional Comments South Beach ATC is a Tobacco-Free Facility.
Background Investigation Requirements:
Prospective appointees will be: 1) Checked against the Staff Exclusion List (SEL) maintained by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs. Prospective employees whose names appear on the SEL as having been found responsible for serious or repeated acts of abuse or neglect will be barred from appointment and may have their names removed from the eligible list(s) for the title(s) if applicable. 2) Investigated through a Criminal Background Check (CBC) that includes State and federal Criminal History Record Checks. All convictions must be reported; conviction of a felony or misdemeanor, or any falsified or omitted information on the prospective appointee’s employment application may bar appointment or result in removal after appointment. Each case will be determined on its own merits, consistent with the applicable provisions of State and federal laws, rules, and regulations. Prospective employees will be fingerprinted in order to obtain a record of their criminal history information and may be required to pay any necessary fees. 3) Screened against the Statewide Central Register of Child Abuse and Maltreatment (SCR). Prospective employees may be required to pay any necessary fees. Additionally, prospective employees whose names are indicated on the SCR may be barred from appointment.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
1450 Western Avenue, 4th Floor
Notes on ApplyingIf interested in this position, forward your current resume via email, fax, or regular mail to Elizabeth.Madej@oasas.ny.gov. When applying, please put the vacancy ID and title in the subject line of the email.