80 Maiden Lane, Suite 402
Minimum Qualifications • A Master’s Degree in Economics, Public Finance or related area from an accredited university and seven (7) or more years of progressively responsible full-time experience in applied micro- and macroeconomic analysis, revenue forecasting, and tax policy. OR A Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Public Finance or related area from an accredited university and ten (10) or more years of progressively responsible full-time experience in applied micro- and macroeconomic analysis, revenue forecasting, and tax policy.
• Concentration in relevant areas e.g. public economics, regional economics, labor markets, as well as financial planning in public and private sectors.
• Successful candidate will be able to employ a variety of data sources to generate relevant research; and possess excellent quantitative and analytical skills, including experience working with Excel and Word.
• Familiarity with New York City government; and knowledge of New York City economy preferred.
• Excellent communication and research report writing skills, which display a sophisticated understanding of public policy issues expected.
• Prior management/supervisory experience, preferred.
Duties Description The New York State Financial Control Board, the state agency responsible for oversight of the New York City budget seeks an Associated Director for the Economic and Revenue Analysis Unit to manage and provide leadership to two professional analysts/economists in the Economics and Revenue Unit engaged in analysis and forecasting of local and national economic conditions (including labor, real estate, and financial markets) and city taxes and revenues.
Specific responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to the following:
• Managing and leading research on a range of economic issues; analysis and projection of trends in NYC tax and miscellaneous revenue; evaluation of impacts of tax policy changes on local economy and tax revenues.
• Monitor changes in federal, state and local laws for possible effect on city’s revenues base.
• Working in collaboration with the Financial Control Board staff in the analysis of NYC budget proposals and preparation of budget reports.
• Performing related assignments and special projects as required.
Additional Comments Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. The Financial Control Board is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to workplace diversity.
PLEASE NOTE: Unless otherwise specified in the "Notes on Applying" section, the "Application Due" date associated with this posting is not the last day applications can be submitted. Applications for this position will be accepted by the Financial Control Board on a rolling basis until a candidate is selected; recruitment for this position can be closed or suspended at any time.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
80 Maiden Lane, Suite 402
Notes on ApplyingIn the form of an attachment, email your resume and cover letter explaining why your experience and professional skill set will make you a qualified candidate for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include "Attn: Revenue - your first initial and last name" on the email's subject line. Resumes received by other means or without cover letters will not be considered.