80 Maiden Lane, Suite 402
Minimum Qualifications • Bachelor’s Degree or higher with work experience in the following fields:macroeconomics (such as employment, income), auditing/accounting, property taxation, public finance and financial planning/budgeting in the public or private sector.
• Knowledge of New York City's economy and budgeting process a plus. Must have both quantitative and writing skills to explain technical topics for different audiences. Ability to use tables and graphs to support your evaluation is also necessary.
• Needs to be a self-starter.
• Willing to learn additional skills, and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
• Proficiency in Excel and Word is required.
Duties Description • The New York State Financial Control Board, the state agency responsible for oversight of New York City's budget seeks two analysts for the Economic and Revenue Analysis Unit. • Evaluate the economic, and tax and miscellaneous revenue forecasts produced by the Office of Management and Budget during the fiscal year for risks given historical trends and current developments.
• Must be able to provide memos including tables and oral summaries that describe current collection activity, changes in the financial plan, and related material.
• Update cash plans for the property and nonproperty taxes and miscellaneous revenue on a monthly basis, and develop new spreadsheets when needed.
• Understand and describe how new legislation from the federal and state governments may impact New York City's budget.
• Interact with other city and state agencies to obtain information on relevant issues.
Additional Comments Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. The Financial Control Board is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to workplace diversity.
PLEASE NOTE: Unless otherwise specified in the "Notes on Applying" section, the "Application Due" date associated with this posting is not the last day applications can be submitted. Applications for this position will be accepted by the Financial Control Board on a rolling basis until a candidate is selected; recruitment for this position can be closed or suspended at any time.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
80 Maiden Lane, Suite 402
Notes on ApplyingIn the form of an attachment, email your resume and cover letter explaining why your experience and professional skill set will make you a qualified candidate for the position to email@example.com. Include "Attn: Revenue - your first initial and last name" on the email's subject line. Resumes received by other means or without cover letters will not be considered.