Minimum Qualifications EDUCATION & REQUIREMENTS:
Education Level required: HS Diploma or equivalent with 5 years relevant experience. Associates in Computer Science preferred. MCSE Desktop Infrastructure & Windows 10 Certification; and CompTIA A+ & Network Certification.
Relevant experience required: Minimum 4+ years customer service experience, including phone support in a fast-paced environment. Strong verbal and written communication; excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to work independently remotely; a team player; professional telephone etiquette and interpersonal skills are necessary; and strong work ethic and attention to detail.
Knowledge required: Helpdesk Solution; O365; MS Windows 10+; Mac iOS; MS Office 2016+; Adobe Cloud Suite; Kofax PDF Software; iOS Mobile device Applications & firmware; Web-based video conferencing tools; VDI knowledge a plus. Also, all other ESD supported applications.
General Comments: This is an IT helpdesk support position requiring outstanding telephone etiquette; advanced computer skills; and the ability to multi-task and prioritize duties. Individuals for this role must also possess analytical and active listening skills to properly decipher user issues. Customer-friendly attitude.
Employee Relations: Role requires analytical and active listening skills; as well as the ability to multi-task and daily workload. Must work with end users at all levels of the organization.
Duties Description BASIC FUNCTION:
Provide end users with all hardware and software technical support in a timely and courteous manner. Must also be able to identify, research, and resolve computer problems. Strong troubleshooting skills a must. Should be able to communicate clearly (written & verbal); work well under pressure and capable of prioritizing assignments.
• Assisting all staff via phone, email, and Helpdesk ticketing solution in a courteous and efficient manner.
• Maintain helpdesk coverage; user follow-ups; and managing daily tickets assigned.
• Maintain advance knowledge of ESD's standardized software applications to assist in problem resolution and needs assessment.
• Support end-users with remote access on desktops/laptops and mobile devices across platforms.
• Knowledgeable in VDI (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure)
• Extensive experience with desktop hardware, software applications, operating systems, and networking connectivity (See Knowledge Required).
• Assist end-users in developing working knowledge of systems running on LAN.
• Prepare SOPs and user instructions as needed.
• Ability to train and conduct new-user orientations on both hardware and software as requested.
• Point person for all mobile and wireless devices including set-up, deployment, and user support.
• User support and setup of Click Share/laptops for Zoom/WebEx webinars and conferences.
• Coordinate onboarding, offboarding, moves and changes with Administrative Services as needed.
• Collaborate with LAN technicians/network administrators to ensure efficient operation of the company’s desktop computing environment; and liaise with third-party support and PC equipment vendors when necessary.
• Perform tasks and functions as required by supervisor.
• Perform other tasks and services needed by the end-user community, such as lifting, moving, boxing, and unboxing of equipment.
• Occasional travel to the various ESD offices may be required.
Position expected to work onsite and/or remote consistent with NYS and ESD guidelines and needs.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.