Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Experience working in a busy and fast-paced office, preferably for a high-level executive or as a legal assistant
• Ability to work efficiently and under deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing
• Strong organizational skill
• Supervisory experience preferred
Duties Description DUTIES DESCRIPTION
• Provides administrative support to the First Deputy Commissioner. Transmits instructions from The First Deputy Commissioner to appropriate staff members orally, in writing, or electronically and follows up to see that instructions are followed, and deadlines are met.
• First point of contact for First Deputy Commissioner
• Coordinates and arranges meetings and events; maintains calendars.
• Creates and maintains different reports; research and verify information as requested.
• Constructs and maintains files for the smooth functioning of the department and purge files as appropriate.
• Serves Commissioner’s Orders and required postings on CMS.
• Makes travel arrangements, submits travel expense reports.
• Performs other administrative duties as assigned.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit resume along with a cover letter.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via e-mail at Info@goer.ny.gov.