Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be eligible to transfer via Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law by having at least one year of permanent competitive service in a qualifying title within two salary grades of this position. Please note: A keyboarding performance test may be required before appointment.
In addition, a new two-year traineeship (Administrative Assistant Trainee 1 & 2, NS=Grade 8 & 10) leading to Administrative Assistant 1, Grade 11, has been approved for current state employees effective October 31, 2019. Trainees will be required to take four mandatory courses the first year of the traineeship and four elective courses in each the second year of the traineeship in four competency areas through the CSEA Partnership, or equivalent offerings through another entity as determined by the agency. All trainees are required to successfully complete all courses before advancing to the Administrative Assistant 1, G-11.
Preferred Qualifications: Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat. Must have strong organizational, proofreading, verbal and interpersonal skills, the ability to multitask, demonstrate attention to detail, and the ability to maintain professionalism in a fluid, busy environment.
Duties Description This position will be assigned to the Office of the Medicaid Inspector General’s (OMIG) Division of Medicaid Audit. Job duties include, but are not limited to:
• Provide administrative support to the DMA Albany Office, including ordering of office supplies, coordinating communication between Regional Offices, managing office supply inventory, handling audit workpaper inventory, providing support in important administrative and audit tasks.
• Log and track all correspondence received, including opening, reviewing, sorting and distributing mail to the Audit staff.
• Prepare correspondence for the signature of executive level staff, including drafting, formatting and finalizing written correspondence, and researching and/or coordinating compilation of information with other OMIG staff.
• Prepare reports in various formats. Coordinate extensive information from Audit reports and upload required information into FACTS.
• As directed, assist with preparing presentations, statistical reports and other documents.
• Respond to telephone inquiries from agency staff, other State government officials, and the public.
• Assist with scheduling meetings, trainings, and Webinars. Coordinate travel arrangements and assist staff with travel questions or issues that may arise.
• Liaising with Human Resources and Operations Management. Reporting any building issues to Operations and relaying pertinent information to DMA staff.
Additional Comments Traineeship position starts at $35528.00.
Permanent, competitive, full-time. Hours to be determined.
All OMIG employees are required to be tested weekly for COVID-19 unless they are fully vaccinated. Employees who are vaccinated must provide proof of vaccine status through a secure online portal.
Free parking available.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.