Minimum Qualifications To be considered for permanent appointment, candidates must be reachable on the current Civil Service eligible list or be eligible for reassignment or transfer in accordance with Civil Service Law.
If a viable eligible list does not exist, a provisional appointment may be made in accordance with Civil Service Law. Candidates who accept a provisional appointment must take the next competitive examination and be reachable on the resultant eligible list to be considered for permanent appointment to the position.
The minimum requirements for taking the Promotional examination are:
One year of permanent competitive or 55-b/55-c service as an:
Engineering Geologist, Engineering Materials Analyst, Environmental Engineering Technician 2, Senior Drafting Technician (all parenthetics), Senior Engineering Technician, or Senior Engineering Technician (Soils).
The minimum requirements for taking the Open Competitive examination are:
Either 1. FOUR years of experience assisting in engineering or engineering technology, architecture or architectural technology, environmental technology, landscape architecture/design, materials laboratory technology, drafting or surveying, AND graduation from high school or possession of a diploma issued by a recognized educational authority;
Or 2. an associate's degree in mathematics, physical science, geology, engineering or engineering technology, architecture or architectural technology, construction technology, landscape architecture/design, environmental technology, drafting, forestry, surveying, aeronautics, electronics, or electronics technology AND TWO years of experience listed above in number 1;
Or 3. a bachelor's degree in mathematics, physical science, geology, engineering or engineering technology, architecture or architectural technology, construction technology, landscape architecture/design, environmental technology, drafting, forestry, surveying, aeronautics, electronics, or electronics technology.
Duties Description Under the direction of a Professional Engineer, the incumbent will perform a variety of duties including, but not limited to:
• Writing/reviewing contract specifications.
• Reviewing change order justifications for the Project Management Bureau in the Office of Construction.
• Assist in developing policies, procedures, and guidance that establish quality control requirements and quality assurance programs, (e.g., Official Issuances).
• Assist with the gathering and evaluation of best practices/industry trends from a wide variety of sources and help prepare recommendations, reports, and other documentation.
• Analyze & document existing processes, identify and evaluate opportunities for improvement, and develop and document process improvements.
• Provide technical assistance for one or more professional and technical staff.
• Assist with the monitoring/review of any pilot programs in construction to determine the effectiveness and to consider the feasibility of expanding pilot programs.
• Perform assignments within the Office of Construction as deemed necessary to fulfill the organizations’ missions.
Responsibilities may also include participating within the Incident Command System to support the department’s response to regional and statewide emergency situations.
Additional Comments All State employees in Executive controlled agencies, who are not subject to a mandatory vaccination requirement shall be tested for COVID-19 weekly unless they are fully vaccinated.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
50 Wolf Road, POD 5-1
Notes on ApplyingQualified candidates should submit a letter of interest and a current resume with Notice Number B-22-G320-MO included in the subject line and referenced in the cover letter no later than May 25th, 2022