75 New Scotland Avenue
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be currently employed by New York State to be eligible to apply for this position.
In order to be eligible for transfer, candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55-b/c service as an Administrative Specialist (formerly Administrative Assistant), Grade 18, and be eligible for lateral transfer; OR be eligible to transfer under Section 52.6 or Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Duties Description The Office of Mental Health (OMH) is recruiting to fill an Administrative Specialist 1/Administrative Specialist Trainee position in the Office of Financial Management, Consolidated Business Office (CBO). The Consolidated Business Office is responsible for consolidated cash/credit card management, vouchering, and payroll services for 24 OMH psychiatric facilities, Cook Chill Production Center and Central Office. Under general direction of a Business Officer 2, the incumbent of this position will provide management direction, set policy, and communicate requirement as well as general oversight for the Administrative Support Team. The incumbent will provide technical assistance to Program Managers and Facility Business Officers to facilitate the successful completion of various functions within the CBO. The incumbent will also serve as the CBO Liaison with Central Office Personnel.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage/lead groups responsible for processing and reviewing administrative/personnel transactions for the CBO.
- Develop, maintain and instruct the creation/maintenance of computer programs (i.e. Access, Excel) as required by Upper management. Develop , maintain and/or instruct in the creation of various form shells utilized by managers and/or staff on the Shared Drive.
- Provide technical assistance to Program Managers and Facility Business Officers to facilitate the successful completion of various functions within the CBO.
- Ensure all documents received by the unit are reviewed timely and forwarded to appropriate staff and/or CBO unit for processing.
- Serve as OMH Liaison with Facilities, Program Managers, BSC and Vendors.
- Serve as CBO Liaison with Central Office – Personnel.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of unit Standard Operating Procedures and information placed on the CBO web site.
- Ensure work in various disciplines is completed accurately and within specified timeframes.
- Identify trends with team members and their work.
- Review staff time cards and time off requests.
- Provide staff with both verbal and written communication regarding their performance.
Additional Comments The Mission of the New York State Office of Mental Health is to promote the mental health of all New Yorkers, with a particular focus on providing hope and supporting recovery for adults with serious mental illness and children with serious emotional disturbances. Applicants with lived mental health experience are encouraged to apply. The Office of Mental Health embraces diversity and promotes a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, and respected. The New York State Office of Mental Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
The Consolidated Business Office is conveniently located in independent offices on the grounds of the Capital District PC at 75 New Scotland Avenue, Albany, New York. Guaranteed covered parking with exclusive employee entrance to office areas is available for $5/month.
Specific scheduled hours and telecommuting availability for this position will be discussed during the interview process. Please note, employees are required to apply and obtain approval through management to telecommute according to operational needs and Agency Telecommuting Program Guidelines.
This position requires visitation to hospitals and/or other health care settings and direct interaction with patients and patient care staff. Upon appointment, the candidate must be fully vaccinated or willing to become fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Candidates who are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19 may not start working until two weeks after their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
44 Holland Avenue
Notes on ApplyingTo be considered for this position, interested candidates should e-mail a cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format to email@example.com. Please include the title of the position, location, and Vacancy ID #104134 in the subject line of your e-mail when applying.
You are advised that, should you accept a job offer with the Office of Mental Health, you may be required to be fingerprinted and pay a fingerprint fee.