Albany VR Central Office
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Employment Specialist for Individuals with Disabilities 1.
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates who are reachable on the New York State Education Department’s Professional Career Opportunities (PCO) eligible list may be considered for appointment. If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for this title, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
Section 70.1 Transfer: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in any of the following titles: Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor, Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor (Manual Communications), or Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor (Spanish Language).
55b/c Appointment: This position is eligible for 55b/c designation and is subject to verification of applicant eligibility. Candidates must possess the minimum qualifications and a current 55b/c eligibility letter.
Employees of ACCES-VR who are currently in an Employment Specialists for Individuals with Disabilities 1 position and are interested in transferring to the location indicated on this flyer MUST apply for the position as outlined in the Application section of this flyer.
Duties Description The New York State Education Department’s (NYSED) Office of Adult Career and Continuing Education Services – Vocational Rehabilitation (ACCES-VR) is seeking candidates for an Employment Specialist for Individuals with Disabilities 1 position in the Albany District Office. The incumbent of this position will assist in the development and implementation of employment marketing activities to expand and expedite job opportunities for ACCES-VR consumers. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Assist Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors and job-ready ACCES-VR customers to identify employment opportunities to ensure successful employment outcomes;
• Provide technical assistance and oversight of job-placement vendors’ service delivery and oversight of contract utilization;
• Network and partner with local Career Stops and serve as an ACCES-VR liaison when needed;
• Provide ADA training to local employers as requested;
• Provide information to employers on tax credits such as WTO, and employer incentives for hiring individuals with disabilities, including but not limited to federal bonding program, 55b/c and Schedule A hiring opportunities for employers and ACCES-VR customers;
• Facilitate and attend local employment networking events and meetings with employers and business communities to promote hiring of ACCES-VR customers;
• Implement the Business Engagement Plan as required under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA);
• Represent ACCES-VR with employer and placement networks;
• Develop presentations and facilitate workshops with New York State Department of Labor (NYSDOL), New York Commission for the Blind (NYSCB), and other public and private stakeholders;
• Provide ACCES-VR business services as a member of the National Employment Team (NET); and
• Plan and manage District Office annual National Disability Employment Awareness Month (NDEAM) activities.
Additional Comments CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a contingent-permanent appointment. For 55b/c appointment, candidates must possess the minimum qualifications, a current 55b/c eligibility letter and is subject to verification of applicant eligibility. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Candidates should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree will be required at the time of interview for all candidates from the eligible list.
All NYSED employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit to mandatory weekly testing for COVID-19.
* Leads to a maximum salary of $90,657 based on annual performance advances.
APPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by May 25, 2022 to email@example.com (email submissions are preferred). Your resume must clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. You must include the Box number (ACS-2674/43825) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application. Your social security number may be required to confirm your eligibility.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
89 Washington Avenue, OHRM, Room 528 EB
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by May 25, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions are preferred). Your resume must clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. You must include the Box number (ACS-2674/43825) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application. Your social security number may be required to confirm your eligibility.