44 Holland Avenue
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be employed by New York State to be eligible to apply for this position. Candidates must currently be permanent as a Mental Health Program Specialist 2 and eligible for a lateral transfer OR have one year of permanent service in a title eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
This position requires visitation to hospitals and/or other health care settings and direct interaction with patients and patient care staff. Upon appointment, the candidate must be fully vaccinated or willing to become fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Candidates who are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19 may not start working until two weeks after their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine.
Duties Description The Office of Mental Health (OMH) is seeking a qualified candidate to fill a Mental Health Program Specialist 2, G-23 position in Office of the Medical Director, Bureau of Psychiatric Services. Mental Health Program Specialist 2 will be responsible for general and clinical suicide prevention implementation and offers technical assistance on suicide prevention, intervention and postvention to partners and systems of care. The incumbent will be assigned to the Suicide Prevention Center of New York (SPCNY), within the Office of the Chief Medical Officer and, based on assignments, will be required to travel minimally.
Specific duties to be performed may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Provide technical and implementation assistance in both general and clinical suicide prevention to sites.
• Have an in-depth understanding of the complete body of suicide prevention trainings (from gatekeeper to clinical).
• Receives and triages training requests and arranges for the provision of trainings to organizations or groups.
• Responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of the Annual SPCNY Strategic Training Plan.
• Collects data on training attendance offered to organizations or groups.
• Is the NYC Field Office suicide prevention liaison and collaborates with internal and external partners in NYC.
• Project manages and participates in special projects as assigned.
• Work may also involve researching, developing, project management and revising programs or suicide prevention/ training products to support the improvement of suicide prevention projects.
Additional Comments Specific scheduled hours and telecommuting availability for this position will be discussed during the interview process. Please note, employees are required to apply and obtain approval through management to telecommute according to operational needs and Agency Telecommuting Program Guidelines.
The Mission of the New York State Office of Mental Health is to promote the mental health of all New Yorkers, with a particular focus on providing hope and supporting recovery for adults with serious mental illness and children with serious emotional disturbances. Applicants with lived mental health experience are encouraged to apply. The Office of Mental Health embraces diversity and promotes a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, and respected. The New York State Office of Mental Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
44 Holland Avenue
Notes on ApplyingTo be considered for this position, interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format to email@example.com. Please include the title of the position and Vacancy ID #104257 in the subject line of your email when applying.
You are advised that, should you accept a job offer with the Office of Mental Health, you may be required to be fingerprinted and pay a fingerprint fee.