Minimum Qualifications • Five (5) years of experience in contract management, operations management, finance, or related field.
• A Bachelor's degree in Public Administration, Business, Public Policy, or a related field and three (3) years of experience described above. A Master's degree in Public Administration, Business, Public Policy, or a related field may substitute for an additional year of experience.
• Experience in state or local government contracting
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (SharePoint, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, Word, Outlook, Excel)
• Experience in Health and Human Services (HHS)
Duties Description Under the direction of the IES Financial Analyst, the Contract Manager will manage and oversee large vendor contracts with NYS ITS/IES contracts, supporting the Financial Analyst with budget, claiming, spend tracking and Purchase Orders (POs). The Contract Manager will provide guidance to program staff and vendors/contractors to facilitate the contract and procurement processes, ensuring all control requirements are met, including but not limited to Service Level Agreements (SLAs); perform reviews of contract implementation and performance; monitor the invoice payment process for assigned contracts; monitor purchasing process; propose changes to existing program guidelines for vendor management or assist in the development of new guidelines; work closely with project teams on deliverable acceptance, and participate in the bidder debriefing sessions and or evaluation committees.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Manage IES Contracts such as Systems Integrators (SI), Project Based Information Technology (PBITS), and other procurement vehicles;
• Serve as a liaison between vendor’s Contract Managers and IES leadership staff;
• Review, track and monitor vendor invoices against contract requirements;
• Track and report on vendor performance and compliance;
• Escalate contract risks to leadership;
• Monitor and track invoices;
• Coordinate onboarding and clearances for vendor resources;
• Monitor, track and report out on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs);
• Assist with monitoring, tracking and reporting on current IES spend;
• Assist with monitoring and tracking IES claiming for Federal reporting;
• Assist with coordination and tracking of IES purchases;
• Assist with development of the IES Application Planning Document (APD);
• Assist with State Financial System (SFS) transactions such as purchase orders;
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments Salary will be commensurate with experience.
We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, which includes:
• Low-cost and competitive health insurance plan choices
• Dental & vision insurance at no additional cost
• Membership in the NYS Retirement System
• Deferred Compensation Investment Plan
• Minimum of 13 vacation days per year
• Up to 13 days of paid sick leave annually for PEF/CSEA
• Up to 8 days of paid sick leave annually for M/C
• 5 days of personal leave per year
• 13 paid holidays per year
• Tuition reimbursement
• Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
• Training & development opportunities
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
26th Floor, Corning Tower
Notes on ApplyingTo apply, by 5/20/2022, please submit a clear, concise cover letter and resume, indicating that you are applying for Contract Manager: Integrated Eligibility System (IES), Ref. #18561. Please clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position.
New York State is an equal opportunity employer. This position will require proof of credentials, fingerprinting and a background check. All Office of Information Technology Services (ITS) employees are required to be tested weekly for COVID-19 unless they are fully vaccinated. Employees who are vaccinated must provide proof of vaccine status through a secure online portal.