Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
A Bachelor’s degree or higher and two years of specialized experience as detailed below,
Associate degree* in English, Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Political Science or Marketing; and four years of specialized experience as indicated below,
Six years of specialized experience as indicated below.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Experience in technical writing, policy writing and editing, internal communication content creation and/or knowledge of strategic communication.
A J.D. or master's degree may substitute for one year of specialized experience; a Ph.D. may substitute for two years of specialized experience.
A writing assignment may be required.
• Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
• Demonstrated ability to meet and exceed deadlines and expectations
• Collaborate in a team environment, as well as work independently
• Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
• Ability to initiate and maintain relationships across a diverse set of stakeholders
Duties Description STANDARD DUTIES:
The Project Assistant in the Office of Administrative Services’ Internal Policy team will work collaboratively to assist in the preparation of internal policies, procedural documents, forms, and other supporting materials to communicate complex information in an easy-to-understand format. These document sets are put in place to assist in educating DOL staff on elements pertaining to agency framework. This role will help analyze, research, write, and update preexisting policy documentation and procedure documents. The incumbent will perform the following duties:
• Collaborate with management and human resource departments to assist in the technical writing of agency policies and procedures, including as needed routing and revising policies through existing protocol.
• Assist in the writing of agency policies and procedures, including as needed routing and revising policies through existing protocol.
• Write clear, internal communication documentation spanning multiple subject matters that can be easily understood by every employee
• Work with specified departments to develop written policies that best serve DOL staff
• Collaborate with program level staff and other communications professionals to research, create, proofread, and edit material as needed
• Maintain preexisting documents to ensure relevancy within internal communication system
• Track document library with attention to revisions needs and relevancy
• Use agency website, subject matter resources, and other resources, research issues related to policy
• Keep accurate files, organize, publish, and maintain documents in SharePoint (or similar document management systems) in such a way that information is easily accessible
• Perform regular assessments on the effectiveness of the documents produced
Additional Comments Pending Funding Approval
IMPORTANT: All Department of Labor employees are required to be tested weekly for COVID19 unless they are fully vaccinated. Employees who are vaccinated must provide proof of vaccine status through a secure online portal.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Harriman State Campus, Building 12, Room 561
Notes on ApplyingCandidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Department of Labor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Department of Labor is committed to ensuring equal opportunity for persons with disabilities and workplace diversity.
To be considered for this position, interested applicants should e-mail a cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title, location and vacancy ID# 104337 you are applying for in the subject line of your e-mail. Failure to do so may result in the delay of processing your application.