Minimum Qualifications Interested candidates must be reachable on the Project Manager 2 eligible list OR be eligible to transfer under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law.
To transfer under 52.6
Candidates must have one year of permanent Competitive service in a qualifying title allocated to a grade 21 or higher.
Duties Description • Oversee, manage, and direct all phases of the project lifecycle for assigned projects using project management methodologies.
• Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensure technical feasibility.
• Develop and implement project management related documents including, but not limited to, project charters, roles and responsibilities, roadmaps, work breakdown structures, cost and budget estimates, risk plans, communication plans, change management plans, implementation plans and mitigation plans.
• Develop a project schedule, including identifying and scheduling project deliverables, milestones and required tasks using scheduling software. Maintain and monitor information.
• Develop and maintain all project documentation including, but not limited to, meeting notes, decision points, and action items throughout the project lifecycle.
• Identify potential risks and issues.
• Facilitate problem resolution by determining, recommending, and implementing a risk mitigation strategy.
• Manage potential problems with project deliverables or timetables.
• Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using OSC best practice verification techniques.
• Communicate with diverse staff and stakeholders involved or affected by the project.
• Prepare status reports and provides updates to project stakeholders, sponsors, champions, etc.
• Facilitate post implementation reports and close out process.
• Create action plans, processes, and procedures to support the achievement of OSC project management objectives at basic levels.
• Assist with the development of metrics to evaluate progress towards meeting project management objectives.
• Coordinate cross divisional efforts to achieve project management objectives and enhance/develop project management skills throughout OSC.
• Compile and organize information gathered from projects to provide a source of historical information for future projects in a format accessible to OSC project participants.
• Assist with integrating project management best practices into operational activities for Division business units.
• Contribute to the Project Management Community of Practice, ensuring that invitations, agendas, facilities, and guest speakers are arranged for quarterly meetings.
• Develop and deliver training courses for project managers, team members, and sponsors in project management knowledge and skills.
• Train OSC staff and interns on beginning project management skills, including Project Management Training Series (PMTS), Project Management 101, and Everyday PM.
• Coach and mentor junior project managers.
Additional Comments Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Demonstrated experience managing projects with the use of a formal methodology.
• Demonstrated experience managing projects in OSC and/or NYS government.
• Demonstrated experience working with others to analyze problems quickly and develop the best solution.
• Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
• Demonstrated experience facilitating meetings and presenting training materials to large stakeholder audiences.
• Familiarity with NYS procurement processes.
• Demonstrated experience with business skills including coaching, working in teams, negotiating, and facilitating.
• Exceptional organizational skills and ability to set priorities when working on multiple tasks.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills.
• Demonstrated ability to be flexible, adapt to change, and work well in a fast paced, participative, deadline-oriented environment with diverse assignments.
• A well-developed understanding of project methodology.
• Project management training, preferably certified by the Project Management Institute.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
110 State Street, 12th Floor
Notes on ApplyingSubmit a clear, concise resume and cover letter stating how you meet the above minimum qualifications to email@example.com no later than May 23, 2022. Be sure to reference Item #00232 – GOER - EMZ in the subject line and on the cover letter for prompt review.
When responding, please include the reference number and letters listed in this section. The GOER ID # should not be included.