Minimum Qualifications You must be currently reachable on the Computer Operator (SG-10) eligible list or eligible to transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
To be eligible for a 70.1 transfer, you must have one year of permanent competitive service in a 70.1 title allocated to salary grade 8 or above.
To be eligible for a 70.4 transfer, you must have one year of permanent competitive service in a position allocated to an SG-8 or higher. You also must meet the current or anticipated open competitive minimum qualifications for the exam, not have failed the last promotion or open competitive exam for the title and have standing on the eligible list for an appropriate exam for the title.
You must be a current employee of OSC with one year of permanent competitive service or 55-b/55-c service allocated to Grade 8 or higher. You must have graduated from high school or have earned a high school equivalency diploma AND at least one of the following:
1. Six or more college semester credit hours in a computer-related field such as Computer Science, Computer Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or Computer Information Systems;
Or 2. Successful completion of high school vocational studies related to large scale Computer Information Systems;
Or 3. Six months full-time experience in the operation of a mainframe or medium to-large server or complex, multi-variable print production.
*Use or operation of personal computers or personal printers will NOT be considered qualifying.
Duties Description • Monitor all system consoles and hardware diagnostic displays for mainframe and open systems to ensure that systems are operating efficiently and customer on-line transactions, batch programs and data transfers are properly executing.
• Monitor all system consoles and critical displays for alerts and follows documented procedures.
• Initiate, schedule, and ensure that any subsequent actions are performed.
• Work in cooperation with tape and print processing, ensuring that customer workflow is completed.
• Follow documented procedures for proper action when batch programs error.
• Issue initial notification and log problems to programming, help desk, or other technical staff.
• Act as liaison with production control.
• Operate print devices that produce the output from various data processing program runs.
• Operate post print processing equipment.
• Ensure that agency schedules, specific form, and production quality are maintained.
• Adhere to all security procedures and requirements related to storage, transportation, utilization, disposition, and accountability of secure stock.
• Align and configure printers and post print equipment based on instructions, procedures, and other pre-defined standards.
• Remove completed jobs from system and conduct quality control checks.
• Record, label, batch, and distribute output, ensuring delivery. Inspect completed post print processing for accuracy and adherence to standards.
• Perform regular cleaning and basic maintenance of print and post print equipment.
• Operate pallet moving equipment, physically lifting up to 50 lbs.
• Monitor tape console for messages and monitor robotic system console.
• Mount tapes.
• Clean tapes.
• Prepare and assign physical and virtual tapes for various data processing operations.
• File, prepare, and monitor tapes for transport to offsite storage in accordance with agency procedures.
• Document, degauss (erase), and arrange for destruction of identified media in accordance with agency procedures.
Additional Comments Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Possesses excellent interpersonal skills; ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy, both orally and in written format with peers, management, vendors, technical staff, etc.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, willing to take direction, as well as work independently.
• Possesses excellent organizational skills; ability to manage multiple tasks.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain production requirements while ensuring quality control standards are continually maintained.
• Knowledgeable in Excel, Lotus Notes, and Microsoft Word software.
• Demonstrated reliability and dependability under varying shifts and conditions. Ability to operate pallet moving equipment and physically lifts up to 50 lbs.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
110 State Street
Notes on ApplyingSubmit a clear, concise resume and cover letter stating how you meet the minimum qualifications to email@example.com no later than May 23, 2022. Be sure to reference Item #08211/15 – GOER - EMZ in the subject line and on the cover letter for prompt review.
When responding, please include the reference number and letters listed in this section. The GOER ID # should not be included.