Minimum Qualifications Interested candidates must be reachable on the Administrative Assistant 2 (Secretary 2) eligible list or eligible to transfer via Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
To transfer via Section 70.1, you must have one year of permanent, competitive or 55 b/c service in a qualifying title allocated to a salary grade 13 or higher.
Based on your NYS employment history, you may have to take and pass a typing proficiency exam to qualify for transfer.
Duties Description • Provide administrative assistance and support to the Chief Information Office (CIO).
• Provide administrative support in meetings, including, but not limited to, scheduling, attending, facilitating, creating agendas, capturing meeting notes and action items, and distributing minutes to appropriate distribution group(s).
• Review, proofread, and edit documents to ensure clarity and proper grammatical usage. Documents include, but are not limited to, procedures, emails, reports, meeting minutes, and presentations.
• Monitor Program Management Office (PgMO) mailbox and respond to incoming customer correspondence.
• Ensure the PgMO calendar is kept up-to-date with time requests and out-of-office activities.
• Schedule performance planning meetings for all staff and supervisors on a timely basis.
• Work directly with CIO Procurement to procure office supplies and training.
• Create and maintain documentation and make available for team members.
• Submit requests for visitors using the Visitor Management System (VMS).
• Coordinate travel pre-approval requests for out of state travel.
• Support administrative functions for PgMO delivered training including, but not limited to creating and scheduling classes, room reservations, preparing documentation for students and instructors, maintaining enrollment rosters, running reports, and supporting PgMO’s participation in OSC’s Employee Development Week, as needed.
• Act as SLMS Administrator to coordinate training logistics.
• Participate as a member of the PgMO Marketing team and assist with developing materials to promote services or trainings.
• Assist in coordination, development/design, and review of the PgMO intranet website.
• Utilize ServiceNow to assist staff with obtaining new software, hardware, security access requests, etc.
• Review outstanding Requests and Incidents.
• Assist PgMO with filling vacant positions including reviewing position documentation, scheduling interviews, obtaining applications and verifying completeness, conducting reference checks, etc.
• Work with IT Financial Management on recording and reporting on work hours for IT invoicing and resource allocation.
• Provide IT Governance support, including, but not limited to:
o Scheduling intake meetings with customers via the IT Governance calendar.
o Prepare Enterprise Governance Committee (EGC) and Enterprise IT Investment Board (EIB) meeting agendas.
o Attend meetings, take meeting minutes, prepare intake memos, and distribute to attendees once approved.
o Update status reports and distribute to intended audience.
• Create the monthly EGC/EIB project report and dashboard.
Additional Comments Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including composing, formatting, and editing correspondence and reports.
• Excellent organizational and facilitation skills, including the ability to determine work priorities, make decisions, and take appropriate actions.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt quickly to change.
• Demonstrated experience identifying and determining appropriate actions to mitigate risks.
• Proficient experience with Office 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher) and Microsoft Team Rooms.
• Knowledge of the NYS Procurement process and policies, Statewide Financial System (SFS), Statewide Learning Management System (SLMS), and Survey Monkey survey development software.
• Knowledge of project management and business analysis is helpful, but not necessary.
• Self-starter with excellent follow-up skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision or in a team-oriented environment.
• Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with office and agency staff.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
110 State Street, 12th Floor
Notes on ApplyingSubmit a clear, concise resume and cover letter stating how you meet the above minimum qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than May 20, 2022. Be sure to reference Item #00267 - GOER - EMZ in the subject line and on the cover letter for prompt review.
When responding, please include the reference number and letters listed in this section. The GOER ID # should not be included.