Minimum Qualifications One year of permanent competitive service as an Information Technology Specialist 2 and reachable on the Information Technology Specialist 3 list OR in a position at G-21 or higher deemed administrative under Section 52.6 of Civil Service Law OR in a position approved for transfer under Section 70.1 of Civil Service Law. The transfer cannot be a second consecutive transfer resulting in advancement of more than two salary grades. Candidates reachable on the appropriate eligible list for this title will be considered through a canvass and do not need to apply to this vacancy posting.
Duties Description The Information Technology Specialist 3 Database (ITS3 DB) will report to the Business Solutions Section, Database Administration (DBA) unit. The candidate will work closely with the Application Development, Operations, and Data Communications units on issues relating to application troubleshooting, capacity planning, hardware, networking, performance tuning, production promotions, security practices, and user privileges. The DBA unit is responsible for upkeep of 36 Oracle and 28 Sql Server databases; this position will primarily focus on Oracle database software version 19 and above. The following OS environments are currently utilized: Linux 7 & 8 (VM and OCI), and Solaris 11 zones. This position may be required to supervise and mentor junior Database Administrators. The duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
• Create and maintain technical documentation
• Create Change Control documents and present changes at Change Control Meetings
• Plan and Supervise Vendor software installations
• Apply quarterly Oracle security patches
• Proficient use of datapump in moving data
• UNIX/Linux experience working with: kshell, borne, crontab, and virus scanning software
• Working with Oracle Support: creating Service Requests
• OEM installation and upgrades, on-premises and OCI environments.
• APEX installation and Upgrades
• Control of Production deployments
• Oracle Performance Tuning Guidelines and Diagnostics
• Create database structures: schemas, tablespaces, roles, directory objects, views, and database links
• Installing and configuring Oracle Data Guard
• Backup and recovery configuration and maintenance
• Familiarity with Amazon Redshift
• Familiarity with Oracle Cloud
• Familiarity with Oracle Identity and Access Management (IAM)
• Proficient troubleshooting server logs
• Experience with Service Now modules including change control, incidents, and requests
• Knowledge of database security principles
Additional Comments Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. The Office is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to workplace diversity.
Per Office of the Attorney General policy, confirmation of vaccination status is a condition of employment for this position. If you are not fully vaccinated, you will be required to provide negative COVID-19 test results once weekly. The agency will consider religious and reasonable accommodations.
PLEASE NOTE: Unless otherwise specified in the “Notes on Applying” section, the “Application Due” date associated with this posting is not the last day applications can be submitted. Applications for this position will be accepted by the hiring bureau on a rolling basis until a candidate is selected; recruitment for this position can be closed or suspended at any time.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPreferred method of applying is via e-mail to HR.email@example.com. You must include vacancy ID # 104470 in the subject line. Please be sure your submitted cover letter and resume indicate your current Civil Service title.