44 Holland Avenue
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be employed by New York State to be eligible to apply for this position.
Candidates must be permanent in the Mental Health Program Specialist 2 title and be eligible for lateral transfer; OR be eligible to transfer via Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Commencing on October 12, 2021, all OMH Central Office employees who are not subject to a mandatory vaccination requirement shall be tested for COVID-19 weekly unless they are fully vaccinated. Fully vaccinated means that two (2) or more weeks have elapsed since receiving either the second dose in a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series (e.g., Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna) or the first and only dose of a single-dose vaccine (e.g., Johnson & Johnson [J&J]/Janssen).
Duties Description The Office of Mental Health (OMH) is seeking a qualified candidate to fill a Mental Health Program Specialist 2, G-23 position in the Division of Community Program Management & Managed Care, Bureau of Housing Development and Support. The Bureau is responsible for the management of more than 40,000 housing units statewide with additional development currently in the pipeline. This housing includes group homes, transitional apartments, single room occupancy units, supported housing rent subsidies and housing in family settings. The Bureau is also responsible for maximizing access to housing opportunities for individuals with diverse service needs.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
• Provide overall project management for new residential development and for the renovation and/or relocation of existing residential programs as assigned.
• Collaborate with Field Office staff, Budget Services staff and other staff on the processing of Request for Proposals (RFP) for new residential programs and support services.
• Assist with new site identification and coordinate appropriate studies to evaluate feasibility of the particular site.
• Coordinate Division of the Budget approval for all capital projects.
• Coordinate the execution of a Capital Contract and other required capital documents.
• Coordinate payments to the provider for site acquisition, construction, and all other project related expenses.
• Participate in the implementation of managed Medicaid and Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) as they pertain to housing.
• Monitor the implementation of agency goals related to MWBE’s.
• Assist in the entering and tracking contract and project-related information into applicable systems.
Additional Comments Specific scheduled hours and telecommuting availability for this position will be discussed during the interview process. Please note, employees are required to apply and obtain approval through management to telecommute according to operational needs and Agency Telecommuting Program Guidelines.
The Mission of the New York State Office of Mental Health is to promote the mental health of all New Yorkers, with a particular focus on providing hope and supporting recovery for adults with serious mental illness and children with serious emotional disturbances. Applicants with lived mental health experience are encouraged to apply. The Office of Mental Health embraces diversity and promotes a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, and respected. The New York State Office of Mental Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
44 Holland Avenue
Notes on ApplyingTo be considered for this position, interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format to email@example.com. Please include the title of the position and Vacancy ID #104486 in the subject line of your email when applying.
You are advised that, should you accept a job offer with the Office of Mental Health, you may be required to be fingerprinted and pay a fingerprint fee.