Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
¬Transfer in title: Current or previous permanent service as a DA2 – salary grade 13.
70.1 Promotion/Transfer qualifications: Current or previous one year permanent service in a qualifying title at SG 11/12. Examples include Sr. LPN 1 and DA1 and other comparable titles such as MHTA1, CRAD, etc.
Current or previous service as a Sr. LPN.
Simultaneous to this posting the civil service for Developmental Assistant 2 may be canvassed. Management reserves the right to select either an eligible respondent to this posting or appoint from the Civil Service list.
The successful bidder to this posting is advised that it will be their responsibility to discuss, with their new supervisor, any previously approved time off. There is no guarantee the new unit will be able to honor previously approved time off.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
First level supervisor; supervises and works with staff to motivate and attend to the personal daily living needs of the developmentally disabled individuals in their care.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible to establish and ensure appropriate and adequate staffing schedules. This includes prudent management of ET and OT.
• Ensure physical plant maintenance to provide a clean, safe and homelike atmosphere. Develop and monitor preventative and routine maintenance schedules, responding to physical plant emergencies appropriately.
• Responsible for site PS and NPS budgeting including required auditing and reporting functions. Additionally, must insure proper handling and documentation of individuals funds/accounts.
• Prepare and submit a wide variety of administrative reports including, but not limited to, incident reports, Business Office and Human Resources Office policy and procedure, OGS/vehicle maintenance, Staff Services requirements etc.
• Ensure program implementation is carried out by all staff consistently emphasizing independence, individualization, inclusion, and productivity. Coordinate and promote community inclusion activities. Ensure ongoing advocacy.
• Plans, organizes, and monitors work of subordinate staff, role modeling, training/orientation, providing directions and clear expectations with prescribed methods of completion. Institute clear responsibility and accountability. Ensure completion and timely submission of performance evaluations for subordinate staff. TIMES completion. Provide recognition and support along with feedback needed to improve work performance. Responsibilities ultimately cover all shifts necessitating the need to flex in order to provide appropriate oversight to afternoons and midnights, at times, in accordance with Article 32.
• Facilitate routine supervisory and house-staff meeting.
• Maintain open communication and provide necessary feedback to all members of the treatment team including supervisory and clinical staff in order to ensure the health and safety of the individuals living in the home.
Additional Comments Please submit a cover letter and resume by 4/25/2022 and include EOA # 22-105 on all correspondence to: Central NY DDSO, Human Resources, 187 Northern Concourse, N. Syracuse, NY 13212 or email: email@example.com.
Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office, phone: (518) 473-9689, and Email: firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain information and RA forms.
Public Service Loan Forgiveness: If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information regarding PSLF please visit StudentAid.gov/publicservice.
• As of 10/12/2021 all OPWDD employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit to mandatory weekly testing for COVID-19.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit PRF-1 form, and/or cover letter and resume by 05/19/2022 to:
Central New York DDSO
Attn: Human Resources
187 Northern Concourse
N. Syracuse, NY 13212
Any questions regarding the duties of this position may be directed to Joseph Snyder, DA3 315-425-5383.
Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes they need a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office (518) 473-4785 or Email at email@example.com to obtain information and RA forms.
Please reference the above EOA # 22-131 in all correspondence.
If you are employed by state government, you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.