Minimum Qualifications Reassignment Qualifications: One year of permanent competitive service as an Auditor 2, Grade 23.
70.1 Transfer Qualifications:
One year of permanent, competitive service in a title designated as appropriate for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law*. Such titles include: Associate Accountant, Contract Management Specialist 2, Internal Auditor 2, and State Program Examiner 2.
*Candidates must have completed 24 semester credit hours in Accounting/Auditing/Taxation.
Duties Description The Auditor 2 will plan and supervise the conduct of research on the organization to be audited to determine its purpose, functions, organization, funds involved, and applicable laws, rules, and regulations governing its operation. Additional duties include, but are not limited to:
• Objectively review the Department's business processes and effectiveness of internal controls in accordance with the Institute of Internal Auditors International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing, the U.S. Government Accountability Office’s Government Auditing Standards and/or any other related industry standards.
• Provide independent assurance and consultative services to management and Division Directors in furtherance of the agencies strategic plan.
• Evaluate the efficiency of the Departments current risk management procedures.
• Assist the Director of Internal Audit with ensuring the organization is complying with relevant laws and statutes.
• Plan and develop internal audits in accordance with the annual audit plan.
• Define, document, and implement audit methodology procedures, tools, and work papers.
• Align activities with the Department's internal audit strategy, goals, objectives as well as the objectives of the agency.
• Assist in developing and managing relationships with external auditors, regulatory agencies, and consultants.
• Drive internal audit initiatives, special projects, and follow up of internal control recommendations.
• Perform any other audit related duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
• Documented history of goal achievement.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingCandidates that are eligible and interested in being considered for appointment to this opportunity must use this link to apply by May 19, 2022: https://fs30.formsite.com/zMiW7u/5daykmjljv/index.html
If you are interested in this position, please submit a copy of your current resume, college transcripts, and a cover letter.
If you have any questions, please contact Amy Sacco in Human Resources at (518) 457-3216 or email@example.com.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.