38 Fireman's Way
Minimum Qualifications Permanent/Provisional
8:30 am – 5:00 pm, Saturday/Sunday Pass occasional evening and weekend hours
*Posted Hiring Salary includes the sum of statutory hiring rate for ($67,897) and Mid-Hudson Adjustment ($1,513). The Mid-Hudson Adjustment ($1,513) is also added to job rate ($86,140).
TRAVEL: This position functions as a region 3 team member and occasional travel may be required.
Permanent Qualifications: Candidates must currently be a permanent Social Work Assistant 3 OR be reachable on the current Civil Service eligible list
Transfer Qualifications: Candidates must be eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Provisional Qualifications: Candidates must have a master’s degree in social work
OR a bachelor’s degree in social work and ONE year of post-bachelor’s experience in social work
OR a bachelor’s degree in a human services area and TWO years post-bachelors experience in Social Work.
* OPERATIONAL PREFERENCE:
*QIDP (Qualified Intellectual Disorder Professional) designation requires one year's experience working with people with a developmental disability AND a bachelor’s degree or higher in a human services field (including, but not limited to: sociology, special education, rehabilitation counseling or psychology).
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
Under the direction of the Licensed Psychologist, this LMSW2 position is critical to the clinical determination of a person meeting the criteria for OPWDD services as well as for review and completion of the Level of Care form allowing individuals to enroll into the waiver.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Complete a clinical review of eligibility documentation comprised of testing and assessments for first step.
• Participate in the second step eligibility committee to review cases deemed to have not met criteria at the first step review.
• Coordinate documents for Fair Hearings.
• Complete adaptive assessments to become part of the eligibility file for review by another clinician.
• Review, coordinate and monitor the Level of Care documents to allow for waiver serve enrollment and subsequent person-centered service enrollment.
• There are currently 22,000 people within the region with eligibility and waiver enrollment, there are regularly circumstances that require a re-review of both eligibility and updated Level of Care forms.
• Data entry at various steps of the process to allow for data tracking and monitoring
• Complete other duties as assigned by Regional Office Administration
NOTE: You must have a valid driver’s license to apply as travel is a part of the duties involved in this position. This may include a state-owned vehicle, as available, or the employee’s own car. An employee who uses his/her own car will be reimbursed at current negotiated rates.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingInterested candidates should submit a cover letter detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications, a current resume, degree, and license to the Taconic DDSOO Human Resources Office. Please provide your social security number for service certification and transfer eligibility determination process. Also be sure to include the vacancy number and position title of this announcement on your resume.
OPWDD Taconic – Human Resources
25 Center Circle
Wassaic, New York 12592
Phone: 845-877-6821 ext. 3367
• As of 10/12/2021 all OPWDD employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit to mandatory weekly testing for COVID-19.
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office (518) 473-9689 or Email at email@example.com to obtain information and RA forms.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• If you are employed by state government, you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER