Minimum Qualifications Reassignment - Currently in the title and an employee of DEC
Reinstatement Eligible - Previously held the title on a permanent competitive basis or held a title as indicated under the transfer eligible section on a permanent competitive basis.
Transfer Eligible - One year of permanent competitive service at Salary Grade 11 or higher and:
Transfer eligible under Section 70.1 - permanent competitive service as an Accountant Aide, Accountant Aide Trainee 2, Business Document Specialist 2, Stores & Mail Operations Supervisor, Principal Mail and Supply Clerk, Principal Offset Print Machine Operator, Principal Stores Clerk, Program Aide, Administrative Assistant 1.
Additional titles SG 11 or higher which qualify can be found on the Department of Civil Service website, search "GOT-IT".
Duties Description This position will aide and assist and report to an Environmental Program Specialist 1 (EPS1) of the Division of Forest Protection and provide support to Forest Ranger Command Staff. Duties includes, but are not limited to:
1. Coordinate, oversee and implement (as necessary) all purchasing/procurement needs within prescribed timeframes
2. Preparation of any supporting documentation and ensuring approvals are in place for the entire procurement process
3. Work with vendors as appropriate to mitigate any delays
4. Coordinate the request and implementation of the budget for the Division of Forest Protection, in consultation with Division Direction.
5. Communicate fiscal needs between Forest Protection regions, the Division Director and as needed the Division of Management & Budget.
6. Ability to run reports and to brief Division Direction and/or to work with Management & Budget staff concerning financial issues of the Division.
7. Act as back-up reconciling purchase card expense reports and transactions.
8. Act as back-up assisting with the administering of the federal Volunteer Fire Assistance (VFA) grant program.
9. Act as back-up to FMIS payables/process invoices.
10. Act as back-up processing command staff I-Expense reports
The tasks performed in this position require current computer skills (e.g. knowledge of MicroSoft Word and Excel) and excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.