Minimum Qualifications Current Justice Center for Protection of People with Special Needs employee with permanent, contingent-permanent, or 55b/c status as a Project Manager 4 and interested in reassignment; OR current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent, or 55b/c status as a Project Manager 4; OR current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service in a position allocated to a Grade 25/M-1 or above and eligible for transfer under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law.
Candidates on the Project Manager 4 Civil Service eligible list will be canvassed and should not respond to this posting. This vacancy posting is for the purposes of notifying individuals about transfer opportunities.
Duties Description Reporting to the Deputy Director of Administration, the Project Manager 4 will be responsible for the following:
• Oversee Project Portfolio Management Unit; serve as agency portfolio manager, responsible for balancing priorities and making recommendations to agency executives regarding projects and investments in such projects.
• Serve as head and lead/coordinate all activities of the Justice Center IT Governance Board.
• Work collaboratively with unit leadership and liaisons to develop business cases related to proposed technical and operational changes; present to Governance Board for consideration; answer questions and provide clarifications to Board member inquires; collect additional data/information, as requested; and, amend business cases where appropriate for further Board consideration.
• Oversee formal agency Work Intake Process to assess business unit change requests; route requests to appropriate track for consideration and resolution.
• Oversee management of Project Portfolio Management work intake Share Point site.
• Direct all aspects of business requirements gathering, including requirements sessions and drafting of formal business requirements documents.
• Supervise business analysts and other subordinate staff, including state and contractor (includes vendor project manager and business analyst positions) staff.
• Oversee and manage broad-based agency projects including but not limited to organizational change, large scale internal and external events, strategic planning, and other Executive initiatives upon request.
• Oversee business unit use and implementation of various technologies, including power automate and Share Point, to improve unit operations and processes.
• Work collaboratively with agency staff focused on process improvement; implement project management practices to facilitate achievement of desired “to be” states.
• Oversee administration of agency electronic document library, including process flows, value stream maps, and other relevant business process related documentation.
Additional Comments The New York State Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs (Justice Center) is charged with protecting over one million New Yorkers under the care or jurisdiction of six state agencies. The following list outlines several of the Justice Center’s key responsibilities:
• Advocate on behalf of individuals with disabilities and provide oversight of quality of care.
• Operate a centralized, statewide 24-hour hotline and incident reporting system staffed by trained personnel.
• Operate a statewide register that contains the names of individuals found responsible for egregious or repeated acts of abuse or neglect.
• Centralize and perform functions relating to criminal history background checks.
• Investigate serious allegations of abuse and neglect.
• Prosecute criminal acts of abuse and neglect.
• Analyze abuse patterns and trends in order to prevent future occurrences.
NOTE: You are advised that should you accept a job offer with this agency, you may be required to be fingerprinted and pay for the cost of the fingerprinting fee.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Position Title & Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.