Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Minimum Qualifications Permanent Transfer Candidates: Current Department of Health employee with permanent or contingent-permanent competitive status as an Office Assistant 1, G6, OR a NYS employee with one year or more of permanent or contingent-permanent competitive service in a title at or above a G4 and eligible to transfer to Office Assistant 1, G6, under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law. Public candidates: Active list candidate on the New York State Department of Civil Service’s Beginning Office Assistant eligible list #26-711 with a score of 100 or higher OR qualified 55B/C candidates.
Preferred Qualifications: The ideal candidate will have strong organizational skills, and have experience and be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, MS Teams, and WebEx.
Duties Description The Office Assistant 1 (OA 1) will provide administrative support to the leadership team for the Division of Family Health (DFH). Responsibilities include but are not limited to: triage incoming phone calls; responding to phone inquiries; triage daily mail; manage program mailings; send and respond to emails via various shared mail boxes; scheduling meetings and conference calls (virtual and in-person); maintaining staff calendars; arranging travel (when COVID restrictions ease); and maintain electronic tracking systems and program files. This position will support the Division Director and (2) Associate Division Directors, as well as provide back up support to each of the Bureaus and Office of the Medical Director.
Additional Comments Full-time, contingent-permanent. Transfer candidates may be asked for their social security number to verify eligibility.
"Benefits of Working for NYS
Generous benefits package, worth 65% of salary, including:
Holiday & Paid Time Off
• Thirteen (13) paid holidays annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid vacation leave annually
• Up to Five (5) days of paid personal leave annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid sick leave annually for PEF/CSEA
• Up to Eight (8) days of paid sick leave annually for M/C
• Up to three (3) days of professional leave annually to participate in professional development
Health Care Benefits
• Eligible employees and dependents can pick from a variety of affordable health insurance programs
• Family dental and vision benefits at no additional cost
• New York State Employees’ Retirement System (ERS) Membership
• NYS Deferred Compensation
• Access to NY 529 and NY ABLE College Savings Programs, as well as U.S. Savings Bonds
• Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
• And many more.. "
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingSubmit resume and cover letter, preferably in PDF format, to email@example.com, or by fax to (518) 473-3395 with Reference Code EGB/32203/OA1/DFH included in the subject line of your email or fax, or by regular mail to Human Resources Management Group, EGB/32203/OA1/DFH, Room 2217, Corning Tower Building, Empire State Plaza, Albany, New York 12237-0012. Failure to include the required Reference Code may result in the delay of processing your application. Resumes accepted until May 24, 2022.