Minimum Qualifications Transfer Qualifications: Any current Habilitation Specialist 2
Any permanent employee eligible for a 70.1 transfer.
Anyone eligible to take the Civil Service examination for Habilitation Specialist 2
Promotional Opportunities: Anyone currently reachable on the Civil Service List.
Provisional Appointment: In the event that there is not a valid eligible list, candidates who meet the qualifications below may be qualified for a provisional appointment.
Minimum Qualifications: One year of permanent competitive service as a Habilitation Specialist 1.
QIDP standards preferred.
QIDP STANDARDS ARE:
• The Department of Developmental Services (DDS) adopted the federal definition for Qualified Intellectual Disabilities Professional (QIDP) in all ICF/DD, ICF/DD-H, ICF/DD-N and DD-CNC facilities when the Federal ICF/IID regulations became effective in October 1988. The federal criteria outdates the state regulations specified in the California Code of Regulations, Title 22.
• QIDP is a staff who is responsible for integrating, coordinating and monitoring each client's active treatment and who possesses:
• (a) At least one year of experience working directly with persons with intellectual disabilities or other developmental disabilities.
• (b) Is either a physician and surgeon, or a osteopathy physician and surgeon, a registered nurse, or a human services professional possessing at least a bachelor's degree in a human services field, including but not limited to sociology, special education, rehabilitation counseling or psychology.
As of February 26, 2022 all OPWDD employees assigned to this location must be full vaccinated against COVID-19. There is no testing option for employees assigned to this location in lieu of vaccination
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide instructions and services to consumers in a classroom and vocational setting.
• Assess vocational skills for an assigned caseload of people and provide recommendations to address identified needs.
• Develop, implement, and maintain programs to address needs for programs.
• Provide quarterly and annual progress summaries and annual assessments for responsible goal plans.
• Works as a member of the interdisciplinary team.
• Trains and provides guidance to direct care staff in classroom and vocational settings.
• Participates in CFA reviews and various other meetings regarding consumers’ services/programs and team concerns.
• May accompany consumers on outings in the community.
• Provide instruction in a Vocational context.
• Act as Sunmount liaison for community customers.
• Meet vocational deadlines as established.
• Order supplies for Vocational activities.
• Respond to Duress Alarm.
• Other Duties as Assigned.
Additional Comments APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit cover letter and résumé by May 19, 2022 to:
2445 State Route 30
Tupper Lake, NY 12986
Phone: (518) 359-4150
Fax: (518) 359-4161
Please reference the above EOA # 22-117 in all correspondence.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Division of Administration Central Office at (518) 473-4785 or Email at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain information and RA forms.
• Position may be eligible for Loan Forgiveness via the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program:
• For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.