AgencyInformation Technology Services, Office of
TitleAssociate Attorney, Ref. #00073
Bargaining UnitM/C - Management / Confidential (Unrepresented)
Salary RangeFrom $101403 to $128142 Annually
Jurisdictional Class Competitive Class
Compressed workweek allowed? Yes
Minimum Qualifications Open to NYS employees with one year of permanent competitive service as an Associate Attorney, M-3/SG-29; OR who are M-2/SG-27 and eligible for transfer under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law. The transfer cannot be a second, consecutive transfer resulting in an advancement of more than two grades.
CANDIDATES MUST BE IN GOOD STANDING WITH THE NEW YORK STATE BAR.
Preferred Qualifications are:
Candidates with a minimum of two years of service as a Senior Attorney or candidates with one year of private sector legal experience accompanied by one year of service as a Senior Attorney.
The incumbent should possess excellent analytical, verbal and writing skills, as well as, strong procurement or cybersecurity experience.
Duties Description The Associate Attorney position, under the general supervision of a Supervising Attorney, provides the following legal services to ITS program areas, project teams, IT Portfolios and executive management: Duties include but are not limited to:
• Research, advise, provide assistance and interpret legal and policy issues relating to pre-existing, new, and cutting-edge deployment of technology across State agencies;
• Draft and interpret inter-agency agreements and other legal documents to effectuate the coordination of the State provision of IT services;
• Draft and review legislation relating to the provision of IT services and other programs related to ITS;
• Draft and negotiate IT hardware, software, maintenance services and related contracts with commercial vendors;
• Supervise and direct Senior Attorneys in their provision of legal services to ITS program areas, project teams, IT Portfolios and executive management;
• Assist and advise on competitive procurements for technology;
• Assist on other special projects and assignments as needed.
Additional Comments Some positions may require additional credentials, fingerprinting and/or a background check to verify your identity.
All Office of Information Technology Services (ITS) employees are required to be tested weekly for COVID-19 unless they are fully vaccinated. Employees who are vaccinated must provide proof of vaccine status through a secure online portal.
Positions located within the New York City metropolitan area, are also eligible to receive an additional $3,026 annual downstate adjustment.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Email Address HRresumes@ogs.ny.gov
Street Office of General Services, Human Resources Management
Corning Tower, 26th Floor
Notes on ApplyingTo apply, please send a resume and cover letter indicating that you are applying for Associate Attorney, Ref. #00073 by no later than May 21, 2022. Please clearly indicate how you qualify for this position. Your Social Security Number may be required to confirm your eligibility.