Minimum Qualifications Transfer Qualifications: Any current Licensed Psychologist
Any permanent employee eligible for a 70.1 transfer.
Promotional Opportunities: Anyone currently reachable on the Civil Service List.
Provisional Appointment: In the event that there is not a valid eligible list, candidates who meet the qualifications may be qualified for a provisional appointment:
Note: If you are appointed provisionally, you must take the next scheduled Civil Service examination for this title and your score must be reachable on the resulting eligible list before you can be permanently appointed. If you do not pass the examination or achieve a reachable score, you may not be retained.
Minimum Qualifications: To qualify, candidates must be licensed and currently registered to practice psychology in New York State. To apply for this examination, candidates must submit a completed NYS-APP form with their resume and cover letter. A NYS-APP form can be obtained by emailing NYS Department of Civil Service: email@example.com.
As of February 26, 2022 all OPWDD employees assigned to this location must be full vaccinated against COVID-19. There is no testing option for employees assigned to this location in lieu of vaccination.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Cover court issues generally on campus teams as needed regarding forensic assessments; these include, but may not be limited to: involuntary retentions/commitments, suitability evaluations, 330 CPL and 730 CPL evaluations, furlough applications, guardianship affidavits, treatment over objection evaluations, and other miscellaneous court-related evaluations.
• Assist in training licensed psychologists in forensic evaluation procedures and monitor on going quality of their written work.
• Help prepare licensed psychologists and other DDSO staff, as appropriate, to testify in court.
• Participate in discussions between the DDSO and other pertinent groups including, but not limited to: the Attorney General’s Office, Mental Health Legal Services, Counsel’s Office, and Bureau of Forensic Services.
• Monitor new forensic developments.
• Screen upcoming court cases and make specific recommendations to Administration.
• Provide expert clinical court testimony.
• Assist the Psychology Coordinator in revising/updating the Forensic portion of the Psychology Operational Manual.
• Serve on DDSO committees as assigned by Deputy Director.
• Enter Medicaid billing information for evaluation work.
• May be asked to provide clinical guidance, consult and expertise to DDSO Psychologists in the absence of the Psychology Coordinator.
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments • Please note, the posted Salary includes an approved Increased Hiring Rate to Job Rate ($111,111) and an approved Geographic Differential of $20,000.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit cover letter and résumé November 25, 2022 to:
2445 State Route 30
Tupper Lake, NY 12986
Phone: (518) 359-4150
Fax: (518) 359-4161
Please reference the above EOA # 22-121 in all correspondence.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that they need a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Division of Administration Central Office at (518) 473-4785 or Email at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain information and RA forms.
• Position may be eligible for Loan Forgiveness via the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program:
• For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.