Minimum Qualifications Basic Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s and Master’s Degrees in financial or administrative management concentrations from an accredited College or University.
• Minimum of seven (7) to ten (10) years of combined experience in investment operations, financial services, project management, procurement, and/or administrative and programmatic roles in a regulated financial entity with an insurance component.
• Superior organizational skills with attention to detail.
• Strong ability for effective time management and meet deadlines.
• Strong computer proficiency (MS Office) and adeptness to learning new software.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Working knowledge of investment principles, products, and markets or demonstrates an enthusiasm to learn.
• Desire to work in a highly collaborative environment with various stakeholders.
• Dedication to public protection and a broad, well-developed array of administrative skills, with background in governmental administration and policies.
Duties Description Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Oversight of various daily investment department operational processes, policies, projects, and procedures.
• Liaise with NYSIF’s custodian on investment transactions and ensure portfolio reporting accuracy.
• Assist with recruitments, the onboarding of new managers, staff training, and setting-up accounts in custodian and vendor systems.
• Transfer assets between custodian accounts, under the direction of investment staff.
• Interfacing with other internal NYSIF Departments, including administration, finance, legal, compliance, and treasury on an as-needed basis.
• Coordinate with external managers to schedule and maintain calendar items and update active documents.
• Manage the Investment Department’s expenditures using Oracle Finance.
• Coordinate the Request For Procurement (RFP) processes between Procurement, Legal, and the Investment team.
• Plan and implement special work projects and daily functions to ensure compliance with agency requirements (board reports, Internal Audit/Control, IT assessments, telecommuting compliance, time/attendance, etc.).
• Other related duties and responsibilities as necessary and assigned.
Additional Comments Fringe Benefits:
• Competitive Compensation
• Future Career Growth Potential
• Open and Supportive Team-Based Environment
• Vacation, Personal, and Sick Leave Accruals
• Paid State and Federal Holidays
• Full Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Retirement Options
• Possibility of Telecommuting, Flextime, and Alternative Work Schedules
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.