Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Any Current Supervisor of Rehabilitation Services
Anyone eligible for a 70.1 Transfer
Promotional Qualifications: Anyone currently reachable on the Civil Service List
Provisional Qualifications: In the event that there is not a valid eligible list, candidates who
meet the qualifications below may be qualified for a provisional appointment.
Minimum Qualifications: You must take and pass a Civil Service examination in order to be considered for this position.
For qualified employees of New York State on or before the date of the examination, you must be a qualified employee of OMH or OPWDD and have had twelve months permanent competitive or 55-b/55-c service as a Rehabilitation Counselor 2, (including parenthetics.)
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
The Supervisor of Rehabilitation Services will develop, supervise, and coordinate rehabilitation services for individuals residing in the Capital District community. The incumbent will oversee rehabilitation program areas to include oversight of vocational rehabilitation, active treatment, and rehabilitation disciplines including Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Speech Language Pathology, and Nutrition services. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Evaluation of service provision for rehabilitation disciplines.
• Ensuring compliance with all regulations and policies related to rehabilitation services.
• Chair Vocational Rehabilitation Committee.
• Collaborate with ACCES-VR on individual eligibility and services.
• Assist with Statements of Deficiencies/Plans of Corrective Action related to Vocational Rehabilitation and Discipline Specific (OT, PT, SLP, Nutrition) citations/recommendations.
• Coordinate Vocational Rehabilitation for individual’s served by Capital District DDSO.
• Knowledge and use of Electronic Health Record including performing audits on use by staff.
• Community Inclusion Coordinator
• Select, Train, and Supervise community rehabilitation staff (ie: Rehabilitation Counselors, Rehabilitation Assistants, Head OT/PT/SLP/Nutrition, and others as assigned)
• Oversight of the delivery of IPSIDD services (Individual Practitioner Serving Individuals with Developmental Disabilities)
• Member of and Collaboration with Treatment Teams
• Performs duties and responsibilities related to rehabilitation services for the community teams.
• Serve as Administrator on Duty
• Other duties as assigned
Additional Comments ADDITIONAL COMMENTS:
• Family and household member relationships: OPWDD policy may impact eligibility for this position. Employees are responsible for recognizing the relationship and not posting for positions where it would be a concern. Before you apply read Section 120.27 of the Region 3 Policy Manual. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you have you need help determining if this policy applies to you.
• CAPA: Must be cleared by the NYS Central Register for Child Abuse and Maltreatment, if position requires working with minors and not previously cleared.
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that they need a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office (518) 473-4785 or Email at email@example.com to obtain information and RA forms.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• As of 10/12/2021 all OPWDD employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit to mandatory weekly testing for COVID-19.
• OPWDD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications and should fax a current resume to the Capital District DDSO Human Resources Office. Please provide your social security number for service certification and transfer eligibility determination process. Please be sure to include the vacancy number on this announcement on your resume:
Capital District DDSO
Human Resources Office
500 Balltown Road
Schenectady, New York 12304
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.