Minimum Qualifications Open Competitive: seven years of professional administrative experience, including the assessment, prioritization, and allocation of fiscal, staffing, and operational needs and resources and/or the development and implementation of administrative proposals, policies, and procedures in a laboratory that tests clinical specimens or environmental samples, or a hospital, clinic, or physician practice.
Preferred Qualifications: The preferred candidate will have excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills with the ability to function independently and manage multiple tasks and priorities; excellent interpersonal skills; and have broad experiences with administrative processes including State and Health Research, Incorporated personnel and procurement policies, State budgeting processes and experience in a public health regulatory or laboratory setting.
Duties Description The incumbent will be responsible for independently supporting functions and staff through the monitoring of budgets; approval and/or processing of purchases via credit card, through SFS and via contracts; processing and monitoring travel requests, outside employment & honoraria; facilitating personnel transactions including writing job classifications and promotion requests; assist with human resource matters; and supervising subordinate administrative staff.
Additional Comments "Benefits of Working for NYS
Generous benefits package, worth 65% of salary, including:
Holiday & Paid Time Off
• Thirteen (13) paid holidays annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid vacation leave annually
• Up to Five (5) days of paid personal leave annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid sick leave annually for PEF/CSEA
• Up to Eight (8) days of paid sick leave annually for M/C
• Up to three (3) days of professional leave annually to participate in professional development
Health Care Benefits
• Eligible employees and dependents can pick from a variety of affordable health insurance programs
• Family dental and vision benefits at no additional cost
• New York State Employees’ Retirement System (ERS) Membership
• NYS Deferred Compensation
• Access to NY 529 and NY ABLE College Savings Programs, as well as U.S. Savings Bonds
• Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
• And many more.. "
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit your resume and cover letter, preferably in PDF format, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with Reference NMH/LCA/12664 included in the subject line or by mail to Human Resources Management Group, NMH/LCA/12664, Rm 2217, Corning Tower Building, Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12237-0012, or by fax to (518) 473-3395. Failure to include the required information may result in your resume not being considered for this position.