Duties Description This position oversees and plans the work of the Testing Support section of the Testing Services Division, including the Exam Control & Composition, Test Administration, and Exam Scoring and Results Processing Units. These units are responsible for test material composition, the administration of in-person written, online, and remotely proctored examinations, and examination scoring. Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Managing, coordinating, and reviewing the work of several Testing Support Units involved in the composition of test booklets and other test administration materials, the logistics of siting candidates to test sites and scheduling appropriate test administration staff to each test site, and the scoring of candidate answer records, the production of test results, and the final review of scoring keys, eligible lists, and exam rosters for accuracy and completeness.
• Providing direct supervision to two Human Resources Specialists 2 (Testing) and indirect supervision to three Senior Administrative Analysts.
• Training, developing and evaluating subordinate staff.
• Communicating, orally or in writing, with a variety of audiences outside the section to present positions, resolve problems, and respond to inquiries or objections and overseeing staff’s communications with others.
• Working collaboratively with other division managers as well as managers from other divisions within Civil Service.
• Serving on intra- and inter-divisional committees and overseeing special projects as needed.
• Serving as a technical consultant in the various aspects of test production, test administration, exam scoring and results processing, veteran credit eligibility, and other testing support activities.
Additional Comments NOTE ON TELECOMMUTING: DCS Employees are required to apply and obtain approval through management to telecommute according to DCS Telecommuting Pilot Program Guidelines.
NOTE ON COVID-19 VACCINATION/WEEKLY TESTING: All State employees in Executive controlled agencies who are not subject to a mandatory vaccination requirement shall be tested for COVID-19 weekly unless they are fully vaccinated.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Office of Human Resources and Administrative Planning