Minimum Qualifications Six years of experience in contract compliance, affirmative action, or minority and women’s business enterprises. This experience must include the following:
• Planning, developing, implementing, and reviewing programs dealing with minority business enterprise, affirmative action, minority and women’s business program coordination, affirmative action compliance review, OR
• Labor relations directly relating to affirmative action, OR
• Experience in the development and administration of programs designed to facilitate minority and women’s access to employment or business opportunities in the public or private sector.
The following substitutions for the experience described above may be applied as follows:
• An associate degree in business, computer science, marketing, math, finance, accounting, economics, public administration, or public policy may substitute for two years of experience described above.
• A bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, marketing, math, finance, accounting, economics, public administration, or public policy may substitute for four years of experience described above.
• A J.D. or master’s degree in business, computer science, marketing, math, business administration, economics, public administration, or public policy may substitute for one additional year of experience described above.
• Two years of experience as an Assistant Minority Business Specialist or as a Minority Business Specialist I may substitute for six years of experience.
Duties Description The incumbent will follow the Division’s certification application review process to timely and accurately review certification applications and develop recommendations regarding the eligibility of certification applications from Minority and Women-owned Businesses (MWB) as to their ownership and managerial and operational control pursuant to Article 15-A, Section 314 of the Statewide Certification program; partner with Business Development to assist recently certified firms with learning about State contract opportunities, bidding and contracting process, and other resources offered by the DMWBD; answer questions regarding the application process and documents required to meet the Article 15-A requirements.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Review certification applications for completeness.
• Prepare written requests for clarifications to applicants based on review and analysis of the application and supporting documentation.
• Contact applicants requesting additional documentation in cases of incompleteness or necessity for up-to-date information on business activities.
• Conduct both virtual and in-person state-wide interviews of applicants, as well as in-person and virtual site visits as necessary.
• Ascertain application’s eligibility for certification.
• Prepare checklists and final reports focusing on issues of ownership and operational and managerial control and develop conclusions relative to applicant eligibility for MWBE status.
• Represent the agency by participating on panels for various business seminars.
Additional Comments *This position is temporary and will become permanent upon approval of non-competitive jurisdictional class status.
SALARY RANGE: $61,270 - $77,912
Note: The starting salary for candidates with no prior State service will be at the minimum hiring rate.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on Applying*This position is temporary and will become permanent upon approval of non-competitive jurisdictional class status.
IMPORTANT: All Department of Economic Development employees are required to be tested weekly for COVID-19 unless they are fully vaccinated. Employees who are vaccinated must provide proof of vaccine status through a secure online portal.
If interested in this position, please forward a cover letter and resume to the e-mail address below by June 11, 2022. Be sure to indicate the position title, vacancy ID#, and location you are applying for and specify how you meet the minimum qualifications in your cover letter.