Minimum Qualifications Non-competitive: High School diploma and two years of experience in the construction, design, operation, and repair of special machines, tools, and/or equipment fabricated for laboratory use.
Preferred Qualifications: Familiarity with the specialized equipment in a health-related and/or laboratory facility. Experience with evaluating, modifying, designing, fabricating, operating, troubleshooting, and maintaining various
electromechanical laboratory related devices and equipment.
Duties Description The Laboratory Equipment Designer will be responsible for the repair and preventative maintenance of autoclaves across the Wadsworth Center’s four sites, as well as other laboratory equipment. Duties also include modifying laboratory equipment, making necessary repairs and calibrations and obtaining replacement parts, supplies, and service from vendors or manufacturers. The incumbent will also coordinate with scientists to ensure laboratory equipment design/modification meets experiment requirements.
Additional Comments Since exposure to potentially hazardous substances may be
involved in these positions, the candidate who accepts the
position may be required to wear personal protective equipment.
Possess and maintain a valid, unrestricted NYS motor vehicle
"Benefits of Working for NYS
Generous benefits package, worth 65% of salary, including:
Holiday & Paid Time Off
• Thirteen (13) paid holidays annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid vacation leave annually
• Up to Five (5) days of paid personal leave annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid sick leave annually for PEF/CSEA
• Up to Eight (8) days of paid sick leave annually for M/C
• Up to three (3) days of professional leave annually to participate in professional development
Health Care Benefits
• Eligible employees and dependents can pick from a variety of affordable health insurance programs
• Family dental and vision benefits at no additional cost
• New York State Employees’ Retirement System (ERS) Membership
• NYS Deferred Compensation
• Access to NY 529 and NY ABLE College Savings Programs, as well as U.S. Savings Bonds
• Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
• And many more.. "
For more information on the NYS Department of Health’s Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Plan, please visit: https://health.ny.gov/commissioner/index.htm
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Corning Tower, Room 2217
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit your resume and cover letter, preferably in PDF format, by email to email@example.com, with Reference NMH/LED/11310 included in the subject line or by mail to Human Resources Management Group, NMH/LED/11310, Rm 2217, Corning Tower Building, Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12237-0012, or by fax to (518) 473-3395. Failure to include the required information may result in your resume not being considered for this position.