Empire State Plaza, Swan Street, Core 4
Minimum Qualifications Open to NYS employees with one year of permanent, competitive service as a Senior Budgeting Analyst, G-18; OR who are in a title G-16 or above deemed administrative under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law; OR in a title approved for transfer under Section 70.1 of Civil Service Law. The transfer cannot be a second consecutive transfer resulting in an advancement of more than two salary grades.
Qualifications for Budgeting Analyst Trainee:
Also open to NYS employees who are in a title approved for transfer to Budgeting Analyst Trainee under Section 70.1 or 52.6 of the Civil Service Law.
Candidates with at least one year of permanent competitive service in a title allocated to G-11 or higher who have standing on the PCO or PMI eligible lists, or who have a bachelor’s degree and are active on the PATT eligible list may be eligible for transfer under the provisions of Section 70.4 of the Civil Service Law.
Candidates eligible for consideration under the Governor's Program to Hire Persons/Veterans with Disabilities pursuant to Section 55b/c of the Civil Service Law will also be considered. Individuals certified eligible for the 55b/c program must possess a bachelor's degree to meet the education qualifications. Please provide a copy of your letter of eligibility and a copy of your unofficial transcript with your response.
The salary range identified above applies to candidates appointed to Senior Budgeting Analyst, G-18. The hiring rate for candidates appointed to Budgeting Analyst Trainee 1 starts at $45,617 and is based on the candidate's salary at the time of hire. Candidates hired into the Budgeting Analyst traineeship will be advanced to Senior Budgeting Analyst upon the successful completion of a two-year traineeship.
Note: If you are on the examination eligible list for the position title in this location, you do not need to respond to this posting unless you are also eligible for appointment by one of the qualifications listed above. Candidates must be reachable on the current eligible list for this title in order to be list appointed. Please respond to all eligible list canvasses received.
Duties Description Under the direction of Associate Budget Analyst, SG 23, the incumbent will be assigned to the Finance Budget Unit and will support various financial, accounting and procurement processes and methodologies. Duties include: But are not limited to the following:
• Prepare Weekly Financial Reports.
• Submit and track Request to Fills (RTFs) using Civil Services' NYSTEP system.
• Manage Pool Code IDs/Pool Code ID maintenance in the OSC's PAYSRV system.
• Manage and maintain the Chart of Accounts (COA).
• Participate in various workgroups (i.e. COA, SFS).
• Aid in resolving State Financial System (SFS) budget errors and respond to inquiries from the Business Services Center and NYS Agencies.
• Assist with the development of the agency's annual State Budget Request (SBR) for submission to the Division of Budget (DOB).
• Monitor and maintain the spending plans and encumbrances pursuant to levels established in the enacted State Budget and in coordination with Fiscal Operations.
• Monitor and analyze agency revenue and cash spending projections for DOB's review.
• Monitor and analyze non-personal service (NPS) information technology (IT) spending requests.
• Assist with coordinating justifications for B1184 DOB Certification submittals and follow up to secure DOB approvals.
• Assist with the evaluation of program goals/objectives and direct adjustments to assure each complies with a rapidly changing/expanding agency mission.
• Maintain accurate financial record keeping, spending plans, cost allocation controls and budgets, and create FTE spending reports.
•Prepare fiscal impact analysis of leases, contracts, enacted State/Federal legislation, Executive Orders, and program letters, etc.
Additional Comments Multiple positions will be filled from this posting. Background check and fingerprinting are required. All Office of Information Technology Services (ITS) employees are required to be tested weekly for COVID-19 unless they are fully vaccinated. Employees who are vaccinated must provide proof of vaccine status through a secure online portal.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Corning Tower, 26th floor
Notes on ApplyingTo apply, please send a cover letter and resume to the attention of Louise C. Nails and indicate that you are applying for Senior Budgeting Analyst/Budgeting Analyst Trainee, Ref# 30691/57830. In your cover letter, please clearly explain how you meet the minimum qualifications as stated above and describe relevant experience for this position.
Your Social Security number may be requested in order to confirm your eligibility.