Empire State Plaza
Minimum Qualifications • High School Diploma; Associate Degree preferred.
• Minimum three years of experience in program support role with varying job responsibilities.
• Excellent customer service, interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Knowledge of the Statewide Financial System (SFS) preferred.
• Able to deal with multiple priorities and competing deadlines in a team setting.
• Previous experience working in a multi-functional team setting desirable.
• Ability to work alone with minimal supervision or as part of a team.
• Ability to quickly learn new software applications.
• Attention to detail a must.
• A satisfactory equivalent combination of appropriate experience and education as determined by the NYS Office of Employee Relations.
Duties Description Under the supervision of an Employee Program Associate in the Workforce and Organizational Development Unit (WODU), the Administrative Assistant is responsible for the day-to-day oversight and various activities related to educational reimbursement programs. Primary duties and assignments will be related to the Management Confidential (M/C) reimbursement programs, Dependent Children’s Tuition Program (DCTP), Workshop and Seminar Reimbursements (WSR), including Nurses Enhanced (NEWSR) reimbursements, Certification and Licensure Exam Fee Reimbursements (CLEFR), the College Tuition Reimbursement Program (CTR), including Nurses Enhanced (NECTR), the Certification and License Renewal Fee Reimbursement (CLRFR), and the Empire Star Public Service Award program.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Administer all aspects of the reimbursement application process to ensure compliance with administrative and programmatic requirements, for multiple negotiated benefit educational reimbursement programs.
• Administer all aspects of the Empire Star Public Service Award program proposal, application approval, and payment process to ensure compliance with administrative and programmatic requirements.
• Research educational providers to ensure they are approved to deliver training in accordance with program guidelines.
• Review and approval of payments, stop-payments, and reconciliation of applications in the Statewide Financial System (SFS).
• Prepare close-out, tax, and other reports in accordance with agency guidelines.
• Assist with financial reporting on a monthly and quarterly basis.
• Run database queries and reports on reimbursement programs when needed by program manager and unit director.
• Respond to and resolve routine and non-routine inquiries.
• Review, edit, format, and produce letters, documents, reports, and other written materials.
• Participate in reimbursement unit internal control related program reviews.
• Work as part of a team to continue to improve and streamline the on-line reimbursement system and automated reimbursement process.
• Work closely with other reimbursement and WODU staff when applicable.
•Other duties as required.
Additional Comments The Office of Employee Relations does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sexual orientation, religion, disability or other protected class status in the admission to, access to, or employment in their programs or activities.
Reasonable accommodation will be provided upon request.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingTo apply, please send cover letter and resume to HR@oer.ny.gov (M.S. Word or PDF is the preferred format). Hard copy via US Mail is also accepted.
Please reference the Vacancy No. 104636 when applying.