Minimum Qualifications Open to current NYS employees who are currently in an Office Assistant 2 title.
Open to those reachable on the Office Assistant 2 eligible list, or eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of Civil Service Law. Information regarding transfer eligibility is available on the Civil Service Career Mobility Office website at http://careermobilityoffice.cs.ny.gov.
Reinstatement Eligible: Previously held the title on a permanent competitive basis or held a title as indicated under the transfer eligible section on a permanent competitive basis.
We strongly encourage individuals who are interested and eligible for a provisional appointment to respond to this posting as noted below. Candidates who accept a provisional appointment must take the next competitive examination and be reachable on the resultant eligible list in order to be considered for permanent appointment to the position.
Duties Description Under the general supervision of the Vice President of MWBD, the incumbent will perform more complicated clerical and office support activities that require an in-depth understanding of the program area, its mission, and/or the laws, rules and regulations governing the program. Proper use of office equipment and software packages will be required to perform these tasks.
The incumbent will perform office support activities and tasks that may require coordination with internal or external parties. The incumbent is expected to supervise the work activities of temporary employees and interns.
Duties include but are not limited to:
Data Verification and Management:
• Design clerical processing procedures.
• Gather, compile, and prepare data from manual or automated files and other sources for various reports, publications, records, or other external or internal communications.
• Receive, screen, review, and verify forms, applications, claims, and other documents for completeness, content, and accuracy, and make appropriate determinations.
• Establish new files by coding and numbering forms, creating folders, and compiling relevant material using various software packages.
• Enter and/or retrieve data and information into/from computerized systems.
• Verify previously entered data to detect errors, and monitor data flow with external agencies.
Correspondence and Document Preparation:
• Draft responses to correspondence from external stakeholders regarding the program.
• Process payment requests through the Statewide Financial System.
• Prepare correspondence, documents, records, and other written material using software packages to communicate program’s governing laws, rules, or regulations.
• Assist with compiling data for reports, graphs, charts, tables, or other products.
• Follow established guidelines to prepare routine reports or assist others in the preparation of reports.
• Respond to questions from internal and external parties concerning the operation of the unit or program area.
• Answer telephone calls, provide answers to standard inquiries, and refer calls and messages to the appropriate staff members.
• Receive, pick up, deliver, open, appropriately record, time stamp, sort, and distribute mail, email, or other forms of correspondence, goods and materials.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingIf interested in this position, please forward a cover letter and resume to the e-mail address below by June 11, 2022. Be sure to indicate the position title and location you are applying for and specify how you meet the minimum qualifications in your cover letter.