Minimum Qualifications Basic Qualifications:
• Reachable on an active Civil Service eligible list for the Associate Investment Officer title.
• Transferable under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
• Experience in accounting, economics, risk, financial analysis, financial management, and/or
• Organizational skills with attention to detail.
• Effective time management and meet deadlines.
• Strong computer proficiency (MS Office) and adeptness to learning new software.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Desire to work in a highly collaborative environment with various stakeholders.
• Dedication to public protection and a broad, well-developed array of administrative skills,
with background in governmental administration and policies.
Duties Description Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Overseeing and monitoring the performance of investments, and researching and
recommending new investments, strategies, policies, and procedures.
• Ensuring investments conform to related laws, rules, and regulations, and assisting in
establishing the asset allocation policy, preparing correspondence and documents
related to purchases and sales, and preparing compliance, debt management and other
• Establishing and overseeing deposits, maintaining and reconciling accounts, analyzing
balance trends and cost data, identifying risks and results of broker performance, and
making recommendations to add or delete brokers.
• Identifying improved reporting opportunities and assisting in documentation and
implementation of internal controls.
• Communicating policies, procedures and statutory requirements to staff and may
supervise lower-level Investment staff.
• Day-to-day investment and administrative operations and other related and
occupationally appropriate duties as assigned.
Additional Comments Fringe Benefits:
• Competitive Compensation
• Future Career Growth Potential
• Open and Supportive Team-Based Environment
• Vacation, Personal, and Sick Leave Accruals
• Paid State and Federal Holidays
• Full Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Retirement Options
• Possibility of Telecommuting, Flextime, and Alternative Work Schedules
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.