Minimum Qualifications Basic Qualifications:
• Appointable via provisional appointment with one (1) year of permanent,
competitive service as an Associate Investment Officer.
• Transferable under Sections 52.6 or 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
• Experience in accounting, economics, risk, financial analysis, financial management,
and/or financial services.
• Organizational skills with attention to detail.
• Effective time management and meet deadlines.
• Strong computer proficiency (MS Office) and adeptness to learning new software.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Desire to work in a highly collaborative environment with various stakeholders.
• Dedication to public protection and a broad, well-developed array of administrative skills,
with background in governmental administration and policies.
Duties Description Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Directing investment activities, assisting in the development and execution of short and
long-term investment plans, and providing support to new areas of investments and portfolios.
• Reviewing calculations, data, risks, forecasting economic trends, analyzing cash flow, supervising custodial accounts and fiscal agent functions, and monitoring financial
markets to ensure availability of the latest data for effective forecasting.
• Overseeing account maintenance and document storage, maintenance of financial reports, and ensuring the safety of securities and stored documents and compliance
with Bond Resolutions and provisions, and other investment policies, laws, rules, and regulations.
• Managing the preparation of documents, meeting with internal and external clientele to make recommendations regarding investment ideas and reviewing and recommending new investments.
• Coordinating and planning various internal and external investment activities, signing and certifying documents, and may apply agency seal to bonds and other documents.
• Training employees on investment strategies and supervising and directing lower-level
• Day-to-day investment and administrative operations and other related and
occupationally appropriate duties as assigned.
Additional Comments Fringe Benefits:
• Competitive Compensation
• Future Career Growth Potential
• Open and Supportive Team-Based Environment
• Vacation, Personal, and Sick Leave Accruals
• Paid State and Federal Holidays
• Full Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Retirement Options
• Possibility of Telecommuting, Flextime, and Alternative Work Schedules
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.