Minimum Qualifications Basic Qualifications:
• Reachable on an active Civil Service eligible list for the Assistant Investment Officer title.
• Transferable under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
• Experience in accounting, economics, risk, financial analysis, financial management, and/or financial services.
• Organizational skills with attention to detail.
• Effective time management and meet deadlines.
• Strong computer proficiency (MS Office) and adeptness to learning new software.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Desire to work in a highly collaborative environment with various stakeholders.
• Dedication to public protection and a broad, well-developed array of administrative skills, with background in governmental administration and policies.
Duties Description Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assisting in analyzing investment offerings by reviewing proposals and ensuring proposals follow investment laws, rules, and regulations.
• Making recommendations, screening new investment proposals to evaluate consistency with the program, collecting and maintaining data relating to investment transactions, identifying risks, maintaining an active list of eligible brokers, and preparing records and reports of work activities.
• Assisting in researching and recommending new investments, strategies, policies, and procedures, and conducting economic research related to market conditions and investments.
• Analyzing cash flow requirements to determine money available for short-term investments and recommending investment strategies.
• Preparing and reviewing reports of investments to analyze investment and dealer performance and adherence to investment goals and requirements.
• Day-to-day investment and administrative operations and other related and occupationally appropriate duties as assigned.
Additional Comments Fringe Benefits:
• Competitive Compensation
• Future Career Growth Potential
• Open and Supportive Team-Based Environment
• Vacation, Personal, and Sick Leave Accruals
• Paid State and Federal Holidays
• Full Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Retirement Options
• Possibility of Telecommuting, Flextime, and Alternative Work Schedules
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.