328 State Street
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be reachable on the appropriate Civil Service eligible list.
Candidates must have permanently served at least one year in a title designated as appropriate for transfer in accordance with Section 52.6 or Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Duties Description Under the general direction of the Financial Analyst 2, the incumbent will be responsible for analyzing financial trends. Such items include forecasting future levels of claims payments, expected cash outflows, and predicting cash inflows from collection activity primarily for terminated group self-insurance trusts. Analysis will be used to protect the self-insured community and the State from assuming unfunded obligations.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Compile and analyze data from the various inactive group trusts and group trusts that are deemed insolvent.
• Review of financial statements, actuarial projections, submitted by self-insured companies.
• Update the Board’s monitoring reports becoming familiar with the status of each trust, including any assessments planned or in process.
• Assist the Financial Analyst 3 with monthly and yearly reporting requirements.
• Assist in the annual review for all trusts and completion of annual desk audits.
• Assist in the annual review for all active workers compensation self-insured groups and municipal groups.
• Review of annual actuarial reports and financial statements and entering this data into excel for analysis.
• Work with Board-contracted TPA’s.
• Additional support to the Self-Insurance unit and management as required.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
328 State Street
Notes on ApplyingQualified candidates should send a letter of interest and resume which lists your actual Civil Service title, salary grade and specific verifiable information as to how you meet the minimum qualifications to be eligible to apply for this position. Please send your application to HRM@WCB.ny.gov (email applications are preferred). It is important that you reference the WCB Item#483 in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application. (Please do not reference the Vacancy ID No.)