AgencyPeople With Developmental Disabilities, Office for
TitleHabilitation Specialist 1 (Qualified Intellectual Disability Professional*)
Occupational CategoryEducation, Teaching
Bargaining UnitPS&T - Professional, Scientific, and Technical (PEF)
Salary RangeFrom $50715 to $64319 Annually
Jurisdictional Class Competitive Class
Compressed workweek allowed? No
7 Bykenhulle Road
Minimum Qualifications Permanent/Contingent Perm/Provisional
Days; Monday-Friday 8a-4:30p (flexibility required, off hours as needed)
*Posted Hiring Salary includes the sum of statutory hiring rate for ($49,202) and Mid-Hudson Adjustment ($1,513). The Mid-Hudson Adjustment ($1,513) is also added to job rate ($62,806).
Permanent Qualifications: Must have QIDP* certification/status and permanent service as a Habilitation Specialist 1
OR must be active and reachable on the current Civil Service eligible list for the Habilitation Specialist 1
Transfer Qualifications: Be eligible for a Section 70.1 transfer into a Habilitation Specialist 1 title
Departmental Examination: Candidate must be a qualified employee of the New York State Office for People with Developmental Disabilities and have had three months of permanent competitive or 55-b/55-c service in a clinical or direct care position AND must also possess a bachelor’s degree or higher in a human services field OR permanent New York State certification as a teacher.
Open-Competitive Examination: Candidate must have a bachelor’s or higher-level degree in a human services field AND one year of direct care or clinical experience where your primary focus is providing services to individuals with developmental disabilities.
Substitution: A master’s degree in a human service field OR permanent New York State certification as a teacher may be substituted for the degree and experience described above.
* QIDP (Qualified Intellectual Disorder Professional) designation requires one year's experience working with
people with a developmental disability AND a bachelor’s degree or higher in a human services field (including,
but not limited to sociology, special education, rehabilitation counseling or psychology).
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
The Habilitation Specialist 1 (HS1) will be responsible for our individuals who have varying degrees of functioning levels and behavioral involvement. This HS1 will be based out of the Dutchess County Office and will provide oversight for 4 homes in the Western Dutchess Area. These locations may be subject to change.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Habilitation Specialist 1’s duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Write, oversee implementation, and ensure data collection for Safeguard Summary Plans and Staff Action Plans.
• Train all IRA staff in implementation of SSPs and SAPs, data collection, and continuing notes to substantiate Res-Hab billing.
• Rectify Res-Hab billing issues with RSFO.
• Provide and/or ensure training of all IRA staff as needed in response to DQI audits, regulations, and their roles in Medicaid Compliance.
• Write, revise as needed, and oversee implementation of individuals' annual Personal Expenditure Plans and ensure spending and documentation meets regulation and fulfills PEPs.
• Follow up with house managers and assist house managers in training and supervising direct care staff in the areas of individual care to ensure standards of care.
• Participate in DQI and Medicaid Compliance audits, implement and oversee implementation of corrective actions as needed under the oversight of TTL.
• Complete HCBS Satisfaction Surveys for all individuals on the caseload on an annual basis.
• Complete bed check assignment data entry for new individuals, review and revise as needed for all individuals at least annually or more often if necessary.
• Completion of E-scores.
• Responsible for training the direct care staff on the Life Plan, Staff Action Plan, and Safeguard Plan and to oversee that they are implementing the goals and safeguards correctly on a day-to-day basis.
NOTE: You must have a valid driver’s license to apply as travel is a part of the duties involved in this position. This may include a state-owned vehicle, as available, or the employee’s own car. An employee who uses his/her own car will be reimbursed at current negotiated rates.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Name Taconic DDSOO-Office of Human Resources
Telephone 845-877-6821 ext. 3367
Email Address email@example.com
Notes on ApplyingInterested candidates should submit a cover letter detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications, a current resume and
a copy of your bachelor’s degree to the Taconic DDSOO Human Resources Office. Please provide your social security number for service certification and transfer eligibility determination process. Also be sure to include the vacancy number and position title of this announcement on your resume.
OPWDD Taconic – Human Resources
25 Center Circle
Wassaic, New York 12592
Phone: 845-877-6821 ext. 3367
• As of 10/12/2021 all OPWDD employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit to mandatory weekly testing for COVID-19.
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office (518) 473-9689 or Email at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain information and RA forms.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• If you are employed by state government, you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER