Minimum Qualifications In order to be considered for permanent appointment, candidates must be reachable on the current Civil Service eligible list or be eligible for reassignment or transfer in accordance with Civil Service Law.
Duties Description As a Program Aide you will perform paraprofessional activities in a staff administrative capacity in such areas as training, purchasing, administrative analysis, personnel, and general administration.
The selected candidate would assist higher-level staff and be assigned to projects which involve independent preparation of written materials and/or reports.
The selected candidate would undertake special assignments as directed, and assist other staff as needed. You will assist and may be responsible to answer phones, respond to emails and support the day-to-day operations of the Office of Right of Way.
The selected candidate will perform tasks for each of the four functional units of Acquisition, Liaison, Appraisal and Property Management.
• Generating Real-Info printouts & copies of tax maps, prepare maps for vesting, recording maps & Notices of Appropriation at County Clerks’ offices, processing OF tax pro-rata, assist with backlog and project closeouts, and process closing papers.
• Assist with ROW Cost Estimates and audits of Local Project Acquisition files.
• Log in maps and appraisals. Prepare and submit A-4s and electronic appraisals.
• Preparation of circulations for potential Use & Occupancy permits, Fiber Optic permits and Surplus Property Sales.
• Track, request and process proof of insurance coverage.
• Assist with annual surveillance and inspection activities.
• Assist with collection activities for accounts in arrears.
• Assist with organizing and maintaining hard files on an as-needed basis.
• Perform other administrative duties, as needed.
Responsibilities also may include participating within the Incident Command System to support the department’s response to regional and statewide emergency situations.
Additional Comments All State employees in Executive controlled agencies, who are not subject to a
mandatory vaccination requirement shall be tested for COVID-19 weekly unless they
are fully vaccinated.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to
ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current
compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a
conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you
before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via
email at email@example.com.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
100 Seneca Street